Nice Girls Crew

January 11, 2012

in acting, books

Hey guys! I’m so excited to finally be able to tell you a little bit more about “Nice Girls Crew,” the project I’ve been preparing for the last few weeks.

I’ll be reuniting with my Saving Face leading lady, Michelle Krusiec

Screen Shot 2012-01-11 at 2.46.12 PM

…and my Yes We’re Open co-star Sheetal Sheth!

securedownload

We’ll be working with the Center for Asian American Media under uber-talented director Tanuj Chopra (another dear friend) on these five comedic shorts…

a560127753ccb62d960f446da1949994-5

…all about three girls in a book club.

This morning I stopped my favorite bookstore, to do a little browsing and research on the picks from the script.

I can’t believe I’ve never blogged about Chevalier’s before! We’re here on a very regular basis – it’s the main reason Abe and I don’t own an E-Reader – so we can support this small, independent shop.

=IMG_6376

They have a lovely children’s section…

IMG_6378

Julius loves it too – they’re very dog-friendly and always give him a treat (he’s even been featured on their blog!)

photo

I went to the library in the afternoon to pick up Candy Freak, my ACTUAL (as in real life) book club’s selection this month.

IMG_5178

Hopefully I’ll get to read it during some down-time on set….but I’m actually anticipating having too much fun with my director and co-stars. Can’t wait to start the whole thing tomorrow!

Are you part of a book club? (Do you actually read the books?)

1 Judy Hsieh Bigman January 11, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I used to be an avid reader until I got into my Master’s program and all my free time had to go for school reading. Now that I’ve graduated, my internship takes up most of my time when I’m not at my 40-hour a week job, so now I get all my “reading” through audiobooks. I always have a jump drive full of audiobooks for the car. It makes all my commute time seem productive and it definitely helps manage my road rage. I don’t seem to mind traffic so much anymore. Sometimes I’ll even end up sitting in the parking lot for a bit just to finish a good part :)

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm

audio books are the best! abe and i love listening to them on road trips, usually memoirs by our favorite actors!

3 Darcee January 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I’ve always been interested in joining a book club. Then I get real with myself, and remember why I haven’t yet. I like to read what I want, in no given time frame. So I stick to what makes me comfy and happy

4 Jessica January 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Such a great store AND book. And written by a Wes alum!! ;-)

5 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 11, 2012 at 6:39 pm

really?!? GO WES!!!

6 Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I’m absolutely horrible at reading books. I’ll get half or even further through the book, put it down, then never go back to it. Seriously, I can’t remember the last time I’ve finished a book. Really hoping to change that this year, though!!

7 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

yeah, i have a pile of half-read books by my bed…i am not too optimistic about finishing this book in time for the book club!

8 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) January 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Congratulations on the gig! That is awesome! I’m with you, I love supporting smaller shops. I do what I can when I can. I love little bookstores. I can get lost in them forever!

9 annejsf January 11, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Congrats! I’ve always wanted to join a book club too but I’m finding that I rarely read an entire book cover-cover anymore. There is so much more media out there that’s more readily consumable (and often free) such as the podcasts, articles via online newspapers, magazines, twitter, etc…It may be a combination of a shortened attention span, decreased time and the onslaught of other forms of literature & journalism. Joanna over at Cup of Jo proposed the brilliant idea for an Articles Club (vs book club) http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/10/articles-club.html

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

an articles club! THAT’S GENIUS.

11 Ellen January 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I am always reading something-just finished I Was Told There’d Be Cake which was fantastic and starting on Proust Was a Neuroscientist which is quite interesting so far. Always sort of wanted to be in a book club but I never have found a group of friends organized enough to do that. Someday…

12 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I have never been a part of a book club, but it is something I would be interested in.

13 Vegyogini January 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I’ve been in Chevalier’s before and it IS a lovely independent bookstore! I’m so happy they still exist, albeit rarely these days; I’m a life-long bookworm!

14 Jacky January 12, 2012 at 11:15 am

I have a love hate with my iPad for reading books. I really prefer the real book, but it makes it so easy to read in bed in the dark. I love my bookclub, it gets me reading books I would have never picked on my own.

15 Serena January 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm

All Star cast! Can’t wait to catch the shorts.

16 Toni April 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm

i used to run two books clubs but now its just one. :)