Sunday Sampling

January 8, 2012

in fruit

I spent my first Sunday of 2012 doing what I love the most – at the Larchmont Farmer’s Market, eating free samples

The strawberries are still super sweet…

…as are the persimmons (FYI – don’t combine them with seafood! I know somebody who got very sick recently eating them with shrimp.)

Aside from tons of fruit, we also tried sweets from Kringlela

(I had the pecan)

Some Maple Onion Confit…

…and Mediterranean Tapenade from Domenico’s Foods

Candied Ginger…

peach scone

…several types of hummus

…and a few sugared almonds

My partner in crime – Angela!

She bought her first cheremoya – a “custard apple” that I mention in this food host video I made a while back!

Back home I nibbled on even more fruit

Off to judge the Onigiri ContestWhat are you doing on your first weekend of the year?

1 Andrea@WellnessNotes January 8, 2012 at 3:11 pm

We went to the park, and the kid had a great time riding his bike and going down the really tall slide.

We haven’t been to the farmers’ market in weeks, and I miss it. We have been getting lots of fruits & veggies in our CSA. Still, it’s not the same as going to the market, sampling things, etc.

2 topangagurl January 8, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Gotta love the farmers market samples!!!!!!! Thanks for taking us…

3 Claire January 8, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I was there as well! Then we headed to the larchmont bungalow after! Yum.

4 emily (a nutritionist eats) January 8, 2012 at 4:44 pm

We also sampled goodies from Domenico’s Foods today – had to buy the sun dried tomato almond pesto (or something like that) – everything they had was WONDERFUL!

5 Jacky January 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Farmer’s Markets are a thing of the past in Chicago, so jealous. And such good eats just in the samples. We got strawberries yesterday at the store and they were so tart, ewww. We did nothing really all weekend – recovering from 2011!

6 Ellen January 8, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Made cookies, put an audition on film, saw a friend’s improv show. Life is good. Have fun judging the contest!

7 idreamofgreenie January 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I was so happy to get my Farmer’s Market fix today too (though went to the WeHo one). I had my first custard apple in India this fall-so intriguing!

8 glidingcalm January 8, 2012 at 7:34 pm

i love that video and your excitement about food!! so glad you got to such a great place with your body & eating!! it’s truly beautiful.

9 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 8, 2012 at 7:44 pm

thank you so much!!!

10 Darcee January 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I worked all weekend:(

I need to hit the farmers market here. The one walking distance to me is only on Sundays, so next weekend when I’m off!!

11 I Made You A Mixtape January 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

I went on a 2 hour walk with my dog- in the cloudy and dreary London. I’m aqn ex-Angeleno and live in constant envy of S Cal weather and sunlight. You don’t know what you have….until you lose it. loved watching the vid! Your enthusiasm is contagious!

12 Lynn at The Actors Diet January 9, 2012 at 9:21 am

thanks, krista! and believe me, i am SO grateful of our weather. although i was watching “the iron lady” the other day and jealous of your surroundings as well!

{ 7 trackbacks }