Chippin’ Away

December 12, 2011

in drinks, fruit

Hello Monday…

IMG_1479

…goodbye manicure. You’ve been (barely) holding on all week through prix-fixe dinners, baking adventures

IMG_0846

dim sum, and wedding showers

IMG_1353

…now it’s time to clear the slate from all the fancy time on the outside…

IMG_1514

…and inside too:

IMG_1525

Some new taste adventures, still, while my stomach resets – I found these limited edition Holiday Nips at the 99-cent store and have really been enjoying them!

IMG_0743

IMG_1516

That’s chamomile tea in my cup – not quite time for my nightly hot chocolate, but I did want to acknowledge that today is National Cocoa Day!

IMG_1540

Lately I’ve been getting this bulk-size Nestle mix, and have been using 3/4 of the recommended serving size with hot water – adding extra Vanilla Stevia for sweetness. Makes the container last a lot longer…

IMG_1475

…perfect weather in L.A. today for a cup!

1 Living, Learning, Eating December 12, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I never think of LA as being rainy/dreary, but I get it has its days, too! :P

2 Teresapalooza!! December 12, 2011 at 4:08 pm

You should invest in a Cocomotion! http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Cocomotion-Chocolate-Maker/dp/B00006IUU0

My friend Daina has one – it keeps cocoa hot and frothy – amazing!

3 quinn December 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I have been avoiding candy aisles lately, but now I’ll go looking for Eggnog Nips!
Do you know what those red leaves are?? So pretty!

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 12, 2011 at 5:49 pm

they ARE beautiful – i have no idea what they are though!

5 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 12, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I’ve never heard of nips before! I love anything in a holiday packaging, though!

6 caloricandcrazy December 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Love the seasonal Nips!
Love seasonal candies in general, but I just don’t like eating them when that holiday is over (for example, Easter themed candies in July…o-0)

7 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 12, 2011 at 11:53 pm

totally understand. i still have halloween candy leftover but never crave it anymore!

8 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 12, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Eggnog nips! I’ve never heard of them, but I’m pretty crazy for anything eggnog & unique/seasonal so they’re exciting looking to me! Are they chewy or a hard candy?

9 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 12, 2011 at 11:52 pm

they’re hard candy – very similar to the regular nips you can find at the drugstore, with some eggnog “spices”