Vegan Bungalow

November 27, 2011

in brunch, vegan

Since it’s within walking distance, I often have meetings at the Larchmont Bungalow during the week and brunch on Sundays. Usually I get a muffin or split one of their ginormous egg dishes with Abe – today I was invited to check out their brand new Research and Development menu:

IMG_9501

My old Wesleyan roomie Guillermo was in town and did some vegan sampling with us

IMG_9538

Four dishes to split

IMG_9505

Maple Bacon Tempeh Club – with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and Veganaise. I chose the spinach salad on the side (you could also get fries or onion rings)

IMG_9514

Green Vegan Enchiladas – marinated five-grain tempeh, sauteed spinach, caramelized onions, vegan mozzarella, roasted tomatillo sauce, guacamole, pico de gallo, and black beans

IMG_9506

Vegan “Chicken” Tostadas – two crispy shells with grilled “chicken,” vegan mozzarella, pureed black beans, guac, shredded iceberg/cabbage, pico de gallo, and ranchero sauce

IMG_9509

Everything was fabulous (and pleased even the meat-eaters) but the overall favorite seemed to be the Breakfast Burrito – tofu, tempeh, black beans, roasted peppers, vegan chipotle aioli and caramelized onions

IMG_9515

I wound up eating only a bite of that one…

IMG_9531

…a piece of everything else…

IMG_9523

…most of the side produce…

IMG_9524

IMG_9535

…and seconds on the Enchilada

IMG_9537

Yum. T’was a good day for animals…

IMG_9539 IMG_9540

…even if you’re not a vegan you should definitely give these cruelty-free dishes a try!

1 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) November 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm

YUM! That all looks amazing. I’m so in the mood for enchiladas. Those look killer. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

2 Simply Life November 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm

oh wow- all that food does look so good!

3 vanillasugarblog November 27, 2011 at 5:31 pm

MORE posts like this! I am keeping a list of all things vegan for when we move back. I get so excited when I see you do a vegan post……

4 pure2rawtwins November 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

yum! everything looked amazing.

5 kristina@beancakes ★ November 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm

mmm ~ everything looks scrumptious!! even though i don’t consider myself to be vegan anymore ~ i still love eating at vegan restaurants ~ the breakfast burrito looks right up my alley and how cutie is that little dog?!
xo ~ kristina

6 Michelle November 27, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I would like a enchilada and a puppy in a dress please. :)

7 Monet November 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Such a cute pooch! And my goodness, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such good vegan food. I need to come out to CA more! This all looks delicious, as always, and your words make me smile, yet again. I hope you have a blessed week and a wonderful season of joy and food and fun.

8 Emily November 27, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I had no idea that Larchmont Bungalow was planning to launch a vegan menu! Everything looks sooo delicious- particularly the breakfast burrito! I can definitely see how that would be the favorite. But, the enchilada looks amazing as well.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I may find myself there this week. How can I pass up dishes like that? Thank you for sharing!

9 Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles November 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Awww your friend’s puppy is so so cute! I feel like there have been lots of cute dogs on your blog lately, and I’m enjoying every second of it! =)

10 jranolajoyce November 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Love Larchmont Bungalow! Need to try these things!

11 blueray player November 27, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Awesome food and it yummy. Your puppy is so sweet.

12 Living, Learning, Eating November 27, 2011 at 11:07 pm

The breakfast burrito and the produce look the best. :) Also, cute puppy!

13 LeslieSarna.com November 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm

All looks so good! I’m going to have to check it out!!

14 JC November 28, 2011 at 3:07 am

There are so many reasons to choose a vegan lifestyle. Here are two short videos to help everyone understand why so many are making this life-altering choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKr4HZ7ukSE and http://www.veganvideo.org

15 Alexiasana November 28, 2011 at 3:07 am

wow, what a mexican feast! and that vegan! looks amazing!

16 septic tank emptying scotland November 28, 2011 at 7:04 am

This food looks amazing! Where are they? I want to try their food.

17 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 28, 2011 at 8:04 am

I am not a vegan but I eat at vegan restaurants quite often. I never miss the meat.

18 megan L November 28, 2011 at 11:03 am

I was just there that day too! I got the vegan enchiladas with an iced chai latte…it was pretty awesome.

19 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 28, 2011 at 12:17 pm

how funny!!! i wonder if we were there at the same time…

20 Brigid November 28, 2011 at 11:46 am

That looks tasty! I don’t think I mentioned that we’ve moved to Hollywood, so that’s only a couple of miles away now. We’ll have to try it out.

21 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 28, 2011 at 12:17 pm

glad to hear – brigid – welcome to the “best” side of town :)

22 Jessica November 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Kinda creeperish but…I saw your roomie homie at Trader Joes Silverlake this morning! I had read your blog the day before and when I went shopping today I recognized him. First the hair reminded me then the shirt (he was wearing the same one) confirmed it. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to seem like a creeper but I thought it was a trip!

23 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 28, 2011 at 4:54 pm

that’s hilarious. yeah, guillermo is easy to spot – you should say hi next time. he’d totally get a kick out of that.

24 brokencookiesdontcount December 1, 2011 at 8:15 am

Everything looks delicious!! Wish I lived in L.A.!!