Salt’s Cure

November 19, 2011

in brunch

I love brunch. So does the rest of the city. Saturday and Sunday afternoons, the sidewalks are packed with hungry diners

IMG_8609

This is why I rarely make plans to eat out before 5pm on the weekend. But if you’re gonna do it, you gotta do it right.

IMG_8606

Salt’s Cure has been on my radar since it opened last August. It’s tiny, and easy to miss – just look catty-corner from Astro Burger on Santa Monica

IMG_8625

The menu is also small, changes daily, and meat-centric

IMG_8621

I went with Jacy and Ali – my carnivore comrades

IMG_8610

We arrived 15 minutes before it opened, and were rewarded with a table by the window

IMG_8612

I got the Griddle Cakes – the waitress gave me a hard time when I ordered the cinnamon butter on the side, but I know my stomach!

Used just a dab on each layer of the triple stack…

IMG_8635

…soft and fluffy but with a hearty oatmeal bite

IMG_8638

Exchanged half of one for a forkful of quiche…

IMG_8640

…and a taste of the 2x2x2 (2 sunnyside-up eggs x 2 housemade sausage patties x 2 pieces of bacon, with tomato and a biscuit)

IMG_8643

That is some delicious pork!!!

IMG_8646

IMG_8632

Brunch here is worth the wait – especially when you have such lovely company :)

Salt's Cure on Urbanspoon

1 pure2rawtwins November 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

everything looks great! nothing beats a great meal with great company

2 Mina Riazi November 19, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I’ve read some of Ali’s “foodie” articles on LA Weekly!! & what beautifully fluffy pancakes!!

3 Living, Learning, Eating November 19, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Brunch is my favorite meal to eat out for you. You know, if dessert doesn’t count. ;)

4 Vivian November 20, 2011 at 4:49 am

How did the waitress give you a hard time??

5 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 20, 2011 at 8:32 am

she was joke-y about it, but she really didn’t want me to order the butter on the side.

6 peaceloveandoats November 20, 2011 at 5:35 am

I love going to eat with people who like to share, I enjoy getting a taste of everything!

7 hal | www.questorganic.com November 20, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I admire your brunch consumption. Have a lot of gluten-free options penetrated out there? What I am saying? The West Coast is where food innovation originates :)

8 Monet November 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Ah brunch. I love it, but I am not patient enough (neither is my stomach!) However, Salt looks pretty darn good. Thank you for sharing your sweet breakfast treats and words my friend. No better way to end my weekend. I hope you have a week full of family and feasting. Blessings from Austin!

9 emily (a nutritionist eats) January 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

We loved Salt’s Cure, but have only ventured there for dinner! We learned very quickly about brunch in LA… :)