Used a combo of both fresh and dried pears…
…changed around with what we had in the house – coconut oil instead of vegetable.
It turned out REALLY well – super moist, rich with coconut flavor, plus a nice tang from the yogurt. Abe said it was the best thing I’ve ever baked!
- 1.5 cups + 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cups White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Butter
- 1 Medium Pear, peeled and diced
- 3 Jumbo Dried Pears, diced
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Put the yogurt, sugar, egg/egg whites, vanilla, and coconut butter in another - whisk well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones gradually, whisking the entire time.
- Fold the pears into the batter and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 70 minutes (covered with foil for the last 15) or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
More Easy Recipes <—-click!