Mendo WeHo

November 2, 2011

in bakeries/cafes/dessert places, dinner, salads, sandwich, vegan

A lot of my favorite places to eat in Los Angeles are vegan-friendly – M Cafe, Native Foods, Veggie Grill – and that’s in large part because I faithfully follow Quarrygirl’s blog. She (<—?!?) introduced me to Mendocino Farms, which I’ve blogged about numerous times (and even made a video about).

Thanks to Quarrygirl’s recent contest, Abe and I got to check out their newly opened location at La Brea and Santa Monica

IMG_6514

This was their pre-opening event, so the cases were still empty!

IMG_6517

IMG_6521

IMG_6518

Over in the indoor dining area were the famous sandwiches

IMG_6519

IMG_6528

They also had a few of their delicious salads to sample

IMG_6522

I filled a few plates -

IMG_6537

One of vegan sides to share – Potato Salad, Israeli Couscous, and Fingerling Potato with Wheatberries

IMG_6540

Two veggie sandwiches – the Drunk’n Goat in Paris…

IMG_6544

…and vegan club (made with tempeh)

IMG_6550

I also picked up each of the meat options – BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Roulades, Steak BLT, Chicken with Prosciutto

IMG_6546

Everything was delicious (as always) but I think my favorite’s their Pork Belly Banh Mi

IMG_6558

In order not to overeat I had portioned out tastes of everything…

IMG_6549

…halving the sandwiches and bringing a Julius bag back

IMG_6553

They have Boylan’s Diet Black Cherry too

IMG_6548

Dessert = brownie + cookie

IMG_6547

Shared with my sweetie

IMG_6565

Cannot tell you how thrilled we both are that our favorite sandwich/salad place is now so close – the WeHo location has its grand opening tomorrow (November 3rd) at 11am.

I sense that my wallet is in trouble (Target is right upstairs)…but not last night  - THANKS QUARRYGIRL & MENDOCINO FARMS!!!
Mendocino Farms on Urbanspoon

1 quarrygirl November 2, 2011 at 8:03 am

i can’t wait until it opens! so sad i wasn’t at the event last night. and yes, i’m female. haha.

2 elise November 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm

haha. i always assumed quarrygirl was a she, but you had me double checking lynn. glad its confirmed ;)

3 @HilaryFleming November 2, 2011 at 9:49 am

I love M Cafe too. next time i’m down there I’ll have to check out this new place.

4 Bess @ I Dream of Greenie November 2, 2011 at 9:49 am

So happy a Mendo Farms is opening close by… my sister eats at the downtown one for lunch every day. Wanted to go last night but I was checking out the new vegan menu at the Four Seasons…it’s nights like that when I need a clone and a spare stomach!

5 Emily Dryden November 2, 2011 at 9:50 am

I cannot wait until this opens! Every time I drive past their “Coming Soon” sign my excitement builds.
I’m jealous that you got to try it out ahead of the crowd! Everything looks and sounds delicious- but, I wouldn’t have expected anything less. :)

6 Emily@SavoryandSavage November 2, 2011 at 11:54 am

That pesto pasta salad looked really good. I wish they would open a Loving Hut near me because I love the endless vegan options.

7 Angela November 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I want that pork belly banh mi RIGHT NOW. So excited about this!

8 Caitlin C. November 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Gotta love it when a favorite place opens nearby! When Carrabba’s arrived in CT, my family and I were beyond thrilled. Just recently we also added Longhorn, an old favorite from FL, to our state!

9 emily (a nutritionist eats) November 2, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Fun! Another restaurant! :)
I just saw one the other day (over closer to the beach) and was wondering what the story was!

10 Living, Learning, Eating November 3, 2011 at 9:50 am

The dessert looks the tastiest :)

11 Ngoc November 10, 2011 at 1:25 am

So glad to have a new lunch option near the office. We’ve already been twice since it opened! :)