NEDA Conference 2011

October 15, 2011

in eating disorders, fashion

Was up bright and early today!!!

IMG_4623

Thanks again to Haus of Chic for styling me – received numerous compliments on the Silk Charmeuse Wrap Halter Top and Lightweight Wool Pintuck Pleated Pants

IMG_4547

[ Lisa Michelle designs cuffs too! ]

IMG_4545

Here’s the grand ballroom where we spoke:

IMG_4555

The panel was packed! So proud to be speaking alongside such inspirational folks, including Bradley Bayou, Dr. Ovidio Bermudez, Sunny Sea Gold, John Palvus, Corazon Tierra, Rachel Stern, and Vic + Lindsey Avon

IMG_4565

Afterwards, I checked out the exhibition hall…

IMG_4561

…and went trick or treating at all the booths…

IMG_4568

…then met up with my Thick Dumpling Skin co-founder Lisa Lee for lunch!

IMG_4600

Hey hey! Buffet!

IMG_4589

Burger options, but I decided to forego the bun and stuck to a piece of grilled chicken and pickles

IMG_4595

Mac n Cheese + Baked Beans with Brown Sugar/Bacon

IMG_4596

Mixed Greens drizzled with Balsamic Vinaigrette and a creamy potato salad

IMG_4597

Two types of cake – one chocolate, one carrot…

IMG_4587

…I ate both

IMG_4598

IMG_4593

Look at this well-behaved pooch (I didn’t know dogs were allowed at the conference – or the hotel!)

IMG_4602

Lisa spoke at the Teen Summit, alongside Troy Royness and Emily-Anne Rigel

IMG_4603

She did a great job!!! The panel was moderated by one of my heroes:

IMG_4574

Jess Weiner!

IMG_4586

What an incredible honor to be amongst such brilliance. NEDA is the first place I turned to when I decided to get help for my eating disorders, and their annual conference was a remarkable demonstration of all the incredibly responsible, motivating, hard work that they do.

1 Sara K October 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm

That is such an honor, Lynn! What sort of other lectures were there at the NEDA conference? This is an organization very dear to my heart as well; and every year I make sure to participate/get the word out when NEDAW occurs

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet October 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm
3 pure2rawtwins October 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm

oh wow, what a great experience and what a great cause to speak for!!! so glad we have strong amazing ladies like you :)

love your outfit too!

4 Simply Life October 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm

sounds like a great event! you look beautiful!

5 Andrea October 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

It was wonderful to hear you speak at the NEDA conference today! It is wonderful to hear someone in your industry speaking out about your personal struggle and recovery. Keep up the awesome work! :)

6 Cindy October 16, 2011 at 7:41 am

You look great! Elegant, sophisticated and HOT…like Abe should take you out for a wine & dine night. Ok…no wine for you, but you get the idea.

Congrats to you and Lisa for some well deserved recognition.

7 Jessica October 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Like Andrea, I loved to hear you speak at the conference. You were wonderful! I was so excited to meet you after with Judy, in regards to her daughter, Ellen. :) You are doing amazing things! Keep up the wonderful work…and Recovery!

8 Lynn at The Actors Diet October 16, 2011 at 9:07 pm

thanks so much, jessica!

9 Lindsay October 17, 2011 at 6:45 am

Great Job Lynn! You looked stunning (hello…that CUFF? LOVE!) BUT the most important part is that you shared the beauty within, and I know I wish I had known about an organization such as NEDA whilst struggling with my disorder. I wish I could’ve heard you speak:)