And the Grammy Goes To…

October 2, 2011

in blogger meetup, fruit, music

It’s so nice to have a fellow food blogger in the neighborhood! This morning I met up with Angela (who you may have heard on APM’s “The Splendid Table“) and we hit the Larchmont Farmer’s Market

IMG_3035

She picked through leaves, I picked up some flowers…

IMG_3039

…and then we started sampling!

IMG_3026

Tapenades from Domenico’s Foods

IMG_3028  IMG_3030

Cream Cheese Scones from Sugarbird Sweets

IMG_3050

Mom’s Products Olives

IMG_3052

Apple and Peach Pie shots from Cutie Pie That

IMG_3047

IMG_3048

And as usual, tons o fruit

IMG_3058

IMG_3040 IMG_3036

IMG_3055

I tried jujubes this time! They taste very apple-esque and crisp – not too sweet

IMG_3056

After parting ways, I headed downtown with Abe

IMG_3068

(Can you believe the side of a major highway looks like the set of a high school play?)

IMG_3071

We checked out the Grammy Museum at L.A. Live. No pix to share, unfortunately.

IMG_3070

Living Social Deal = 1/2 price

IMG_3069

It’s a small museum but we had fun…the weekend’s a good time to go – it was pretty empty so all the recording booths were free. That’s right, we laid down some tracks!

But seriously, if you want to hear some music Abe and I did a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) check out our band’s ancient myspace page.

1 Cynthia (It All Changes) October 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I use those sample cups like shot cups too. I haven’t done a shot since my 21st birthday and don’t plan on doing any more. But it’s funny to pretend…and they taste much better. :-)

2 Healthy Coconut October 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I went to Nokia Live recently and saw some sort of (music related) museum but I’m not sure this was it.

Too bad you couldn’t take pictures, I would love to see the inside of it.

Oh man…I don’t think I can remember my log-in for my MySpace account anymore.

3 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 2, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Apple and Peach Pie shots = I’ll take more than one, please :)

4 Lauren October 2, 2011 at 5:42 pm

One. Love the new font! And two. I MISS YOu!!!! I feel like I haven’t heard from you in so long. :( How are you lady!?!?!

5 elise October 2, 2011 at 7:49 pm

that sky line relaly does look fake. i refuse to believe that youre turning 35 in a few months. i just read that in amandas comments section. i really never would have guessed. you look well over a decade younger.

6 Lynn at The Actors Diet October 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm

thanks, elise! i still FEEL 16…

7 Andrea@WellnessNotes October 2, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Farmers’ markets are so much fun! And going with someone who enjoys food (and photographing it) just as much as you is even more fun…

Glad you had fun recording at the museum!

8 Oats n' Bows October 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Those flowers are so pretty that they don’t even look real!

Ancient is right. I don’t think I’ve seen the word “myspace” in 5 years. But it’s still rockin’ regardless :)

9 Lindsay October 3, 2011 at 2:28 am

You make me miss Cali like WHOA…altho Korea has some street food…I haven’t found an amazing farmer’s market in Seoul yet! I’ll have to live bi-cariously through you and your Cali eats for the next few years….

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet October 3, 2011 at 7:32 am

jealous you’re in seoul! i just watched “the kimchi chronicles” on pbs and saw so much good-looking food there. check it out for some ideas: http://www.kimchichronicles.tv/

11 livinglearningeating October 3, 2011 at 3:13 am

I want to try Jujubes!

12 angela October 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Lynn, you are an awesome Farmer’s Market companion! Loved stopping at each of the stalls and enjoying all the fruit samples.Captured the day perfectly!

13 emilyeats October 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Larchmont Farmers Market is my favorite because I’m a sample monster!