Perfect Pie

September 27, 2011

in blogger meetup, dessert, dinner

How cute is Marian the Foodie (and her phone)?!? We had a late afternoon meetup at Bricks and Scones

IMG_2411

Dinner last night = odds and ends from the fridge

IMG_2417

• 2 Yves Veggie dogs, chopped
  • Crushed garlic/ginger
  • Red cabbage + carrot shreds
  • Brown rice
  • Sprinkle Seasoning Salt
  • Squirt of Bragg Liquid Aminos

IMG_2422

Random…

IMG_2424

…but not bad

IMG_2431

Banana Cream Pie from Border Grill, however, was a home run

IMG_2434

Abe and I both flipped out over this dessert

IMG_2438

Bananas? Perfect. Whipped Cream? Perfect. Crust?

IMG_2445

Yes, that was perfect too.

IMG_2452

Afterwards, we went to see a friend’s play reading

IMG_2457

There was cake at the theater. But I was still pie-whipped so I had none.

IMG_2458

Would you rather have cake or pie?

Usually I would choose cake. But last night the pie won.

1 Julie (A Case of the Runs) September 27, 2011 at 8:23 am

I’m not a huge fan of either… just depends on how “special” the cake/pie is before I’d eat it.

2 Avery September 27, 2011 at 8:24 am

Pie! I’m definitely more of a pie person, mostly for the buttery crumbly crusts, though I’m a sucker for a good custard based fruit tart.

3 Cindy September 27, 2011 at 8:46 am

Hmmm? Cake OR pie? Please don’t make me choose. Please! I’m begging you.

4 Anna @ On Anna's Plate September 27, 2011 at 9:03 am

Yep, I’m usually cake > pie. But that pie does look pretty amazing! Almost like a bread pudding or something!

5 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 27, 2011 at 9:06 am

Mmmm totally depends. Probably pie, most cakes are just waaaayyyy too sweet for me and I don’t really like frosting. But homemade chocolate cake… That’s hard to tuen down!

6 Lauren September 27, 2011 at 9:10 am

Pie all the way! Particularly, that Banana Cream Pie. Oh my!

7 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 27, 2011 at 9:12 am

I love Marian’s phone!!! Hello Kitty is my favorite, I just bought a new HK camera case and mouse pad. I so need that cell case. :)

That pie looks aaaamazing! I’d rather have pie. So much more variety and feels better to eat than cake. Unless it’s wedding-quality cake. Dry cake is YUCKY!

8 Natasha September 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

Pie all the way..

9 Destiny September 27, 2011 at 10:03 am

Your last-minute, throw-everything-in-a-bowl stir-frys always look so good!

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

thanks, destiny!

11 runningismagical September 27, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love cake…but I love pie more!

12 livinglearningeating September 27, 2011 at 10:37 am

Pie any day! I’m usually not a banana cream fan, but that one looks good :)

13 janetha September 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm

neither.. ice cream :) but if i had to pick, it’d be pie. that dessert looks fantastic.

14 cowsy September 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I would always choose cake above pie given an ultimatum. :-) Not that I don’t appreciate pie as well. I’m also a fan of crumbles/crisps/cobblers…

The banana creme pie looks glorious. I love any type of banana baked good!

15 M.R. September 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

CAKE- for sure…it has to be a really good looking pie to tempt me. I’m a cake and frosting girl through and through!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

16 biz319 September 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I just can’t do frosting, its just way too sweet for me – so give me a pie any day!

17 Leslie September 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I love bricks and scones! And I’d rather have pie in the summer and cake in the winter :)

18 Casey September 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm

oh boy, pie or cake? how could one choose!? Maybe ill make a pie cake ;) anyways id like to let you know I’m tagging you in my post thats coming up in the next day or so. I don’t know if you’ve done the challenge that it is yet or not but check it out and there is not pressure either way for you to do it!!

19 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

thanks, casey!

20 Erin September 28, 2011 at 6:26 am

Oh my god. Pie all the way! That banana cream has me salivating. In fact, I can’t wait for Thanksgiving so we can bake up some pumpkin and apple and show the Irish how it’s done. (We are having shepherd’s pie tonight, an altogether different kind of pie.)