Saturday in September

September 11, 2011

in dinner, movies, restaurant, salads, vegetarian

Ah, weekends in fall…

The weather has finally cooled down and we took Julius for a morning hike (my first in 10 months – the same trail too!)

IMG_0892

Plowed through several old issues of the local paper over breakfast

IMG_0905

Saw a movie at the Arclight (“Contagion” – very good, very scary)

IMG_0918

Ate some snacks -

IMG_0916

IMG_0910

Dinner with friends – we had planned to go to Cafe Gratitude but the wait was 30-45 minutes!

IMG_0919

Osteria Mamma was also packed, but they happened to have a table for four ready.

We split the bread -

IMG_0924

I ate 3 pieces dipped in marinara…

IMG_0926

…3 pieces of the Vegetariana pizza…

IMG_0931

IMG_0944

2 different salads – 1/2 the Frescura (chopped radicchio, frisee, red onions, Belgian endive and Roma tomatoes in Italian dressing)

IMG_0938

Plus a taste of the Fungolata – wild mushrooms, wild arugula, aged Grana Padano in lemon dressing

IMG_0928

Also sampled (and enjoyed) my first squid ink pasta (with crab – a special)

IMG_0934

They brought us out a complimentary tiramisu too!

IMG_0947

As usual, everything was delicious. I’d never tried their pizza before and am glad to have a good takeout option in the ‘hood.

Off to work – today and tomorrow I’m filming the “Surrogate Valentine” sequel – if you’re in Los Angeles and want to be an extra, email sv2extras@gmail.com

1 Natasha September 11, 2011 at 8:32 am

Congrats on your hike Miss Pretty! Happy Sunday – to you and the “HM”…thank you for sharing yesterday.
- Natasha.
ps – will be sending you a great recipe for you and your hubby later.

2 VeggieGirl September 11, 2011 at 8:51 am

Aww, Julius :)

Good luck filming!

3 Emily@SavoryandSavage September 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

Julius looks very happy to be out hiking :-)

What did the squid ink pasta taste like?

Have fun filming!

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I can’t describe it! It just tastes good!

Acting: http://www.lynnchen.com Food: http://www.theactorsdiet.com Body image: http://www.thickdumplingskin.com

5 Eden September 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm

First off, i was considering seeing contagion and i trust your taste in movies so i’ll hit that up!

I’d love to be an extra! do i get paid?

6 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Baklava bar? that’s vegan no less? I am soooo in need of that!

7 gluttonandstudent September 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I was hoping to try Osteria Mamma this summer, but unfortunately I just moved back to San Luis Obispo! I’m glad I can enjoy it/drool over it vicariously through you.
Squid ink pasta has always intrigued me, but I’ve never seen a restaurant that serves it.

8 livinglearningeating September 11, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I miss hiking! I’m always so busy with work…but no! I must make the time! :P

9 Lara September 11, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Squid ink…I recently had it on rice in a paella dish and it is DELICIOUS! I bet the pasta was great.

How was Gwynnie in Contagion? I adore her.

I can’t decide who’s cuter…you or Julius! :)

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm

She’s good, though people who aren’t fans of her will enjoy it too!

11 Shannon [Tropical Eats] September 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm

wish i lived in LA so i could be a movie extra! That’s on my life bucket list haha.

looks like a nice relaxing weekend. :)

12 Monet September 11, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Pizza…movies…and a long walk…it sounds like you lived my perfect day! Thank you for sharing another delightful post. As always, your words and pictures make me smile. I hope you have a blessed beginning to your week. Much love from Austin!

13 Brigid September 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I’m just now catching up on blogs and got to this post. Do you still need extras, or are you wrapping up now? Also, I saw Contagion over the weekend in Santa Monica. I really enjoyed it!