Turbulent Tuesday

September 6, 2011

in dessert, gluten free, product review, vegan

I’m beginning to think the craziest day of the year might be the one after Labor Day – everyone I know is back at work, starting school, or just going bonkers –

IMG_6115

Maggie Mac included – she lost her voice AGAIN :(

While backing up my entire system (second time in a week!) I nibbled on breakfast

IMG_0462

I get sent A LOT of energy bars, and I have to say the Macrobar might be my new favorite. Abe approves too – he tried another sample and raved.

IMG_0467

The combination of flavor and texture is perfect – plus it’s all organic and sweetened naturally

IMG_0464

Brought my laptop to the doctor, where she was quickly fixed by a Genius

IMG_0476

Bought some costumes for a few upcoming shoots (the life of a super low budget film actress) then treated myself to an icy cold lunch at the Farmer’s Market

IMG_0478

Ever since the Pinkberry on Larchmont closed, I haven’t visited one in forever! I missed out on their Salted Caramel phase so I made sure to try the two new flavors before they go extinct – Watermelon…

IMG_0480

…and Peanut Butter

IMG_0482

IMG_0487

This was a medium, and Holy Mackerel it’s good – not at all tart, but the consistency is eons better than other froyo places – stays frozen n creamy (even in 90-degree heat) and goes perfectly with the fresh fruit

IMG_0484

Multitasking

IMG_0491

Next up – more memorizing, unpacking, and laundry laundry laundry!

Pinkberry on Urbanspoon

1 Nastassia (Let Me Eat Cake) September 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm

love pink berry! their fruit is always good and fresh, esp love when their mango flavor is in season :)

2 runningismagical September 6, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Love the PB at PinkBerry – so addictive!

3 Emma September 6, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Usually it’s hard to tell, but that bar actually does LOOK like it would be good. The texture especially. And Pinkberry…well we already know that’s gonna be good :)

4 lpodolsky410 September 6, 2011 at 4:40 pm

They had salted carmel? Why would they ever rid the menu of such an amazing flavor?? The PB and J does sound good though!

5 sophia September 6, 2011 at 6:00 pm

How long did it take for your laptop to get checked? My laptop is giving me some troubles too but I heard that the line at that Apple store is long!! I’m assuming it was at the Grove?

6 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 6, 2011 at 6:32 pm

It was at the grove and the wait was not bad – I was there twice today! Just make an appt. And don’t be late!!!

Acting: http://www.lynnchen.com Food: http://www.theactorsdiet.com Body image: http://www.thickdumplingskin.com

7 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) September 6, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Mmmmm, I would kill for a Pinkberry in my city … although I’d even settle for my country!

8 Sues September 7, 2011 at 4:32 am

Peanut butter froyo sounds so good right now. We got Pink Berry here in Boston a few months ago and I haven’t been to one yet!! Maybe I have to change that…

9 Lynn at The Actors Diet September 7, 2011 at 8:13 am

yes, you must! hurry before they decide to discontinue it (though i cannot see for the life of me why they would)

10 Janiek September 7, 2011 at 7:16 am

Ooooh I love pinkberry… I had it once in NYC and instantly fell in love. Unfortunately they don’t have Pinkberry here in the Netherlands… Luckily they just got a kind of mock frozen yoghurt shop in Amsterdam so I’ll be making my visits every now and then! The pb+j flavour sounds heavenly!

11 livinglearningeating September 7, 2011 at 7:52 am

I want froyo! Though I *do* prefer Red Mango to Pinkberry…neither of them is here in Germany :(

12 pure2rawtwins September 8, 2011 at 5:38 am

my mac has been acting up too lately, need to take it, although I really want a new one :)