Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd

August 19, 2011

in bakeries/cafes/dessert places, snacks, store

I was in the car a lot yesterday. Traffic snacks -

Leftover Shishitou Peppers

After our respective auditions, Christy picked me up for a trip to Burbank!

photo.JPG

(In case you were wondering what the title of this post stood for)

Love the catalog, but the stuff never looks as good in person

More fun to browse here than buy, I feel

Definitely not worth standing in this line for some napkins!

We did pick up some Swedish groceries though…

…wound up with some very boring crackers, but there was definitely some interesting stuff to see!

I remember these chocolate/coconut-covered marshmallows from my trip to Paradis – they’re GREAT smashed on top of ice cream

Haven’t eaten in their cafeteria since I was a wee one…I convinced Christy to go for dinner

For $4.99 you get a plate of balls…

…cream sauce and lingonberry jam + mashed potato…

…a make-your-own salad…

…with horrific dressing options (we decided on fat free italian)…

…garlic bread + a Diet Pepsi

Christy and I split the balls + bread – the taters and soda were all mine

We also shared the veg

Sadly, the meatballs did NOT live up to my fond memories of them. They were quite rubbery, like a really bad soy version

I think I may have finally outgrown this store?

Not that I would say no to this kitchen!!!

How much stuff in your house is currently from IKEA? There’s about eleven in mine, and that’s not counting all the non-furniture items like utensils, glasses, lighting, sheets, plants, frames, etc.

Ikea Bistro on Urbanspoon

1 xl August 19, 2011 at 9:12 am

ahhh, I’m so jealous! There’s no ikea in New Orleans :(

2 Kelsey August 19, 2011 at 9:16 am

is it just me or is Ikea getting bigger and better with each passing day!?! i mean, even their food looks better… i remember a few years back looking at their cafe food and thinking..hmmm, not quite sure how appetizing that would be…but this- major improvement!

xoxo <3

3 Lisa August 19, 2011 at 9:17 am

Hmm, I actually don’t think we have any IKEA fare in the house. Perhaps because we’ve never lived near one, though?

4 www.LeslieSarna.com August 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

Um, thank you for telling me what IKEA stands for! And I feel the same way…. I get the catalog, get excited to go get something and then it just doesn’t excite me when I see it in person….

5 The Healthy Engineer August 19, 2011 at 9:50 am

I’ve never been/eaten at Ikea before!!
I don’t think it really looks that appealing though…but it reminds me of Costco.

6 Parry Shen August 19, 2011 at 10:03 am

I’ve got these two guys stacked on top of each other in my office:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116274#/90116275/ (horizontal)

I love ‘em – 30 total little cubes of bookshelf space.

7 Ameena August 19, 2011 at 10:08 am

I agree – everything in the catalog looks great but once I’m there I end up buying nothing!

8 Cindy August 19, 2011 at 11:09 am

I think your palate has outgrown IKEA. Hmmm…I have about 7-8 items, bookshelves, etc. I’ve learned to go in with a plan otherwise you can walk yourself numb and I don’t eat there unless I’m desperately hungry.

9 Julie (A Case of the Runs) August 19, 2011 at 11:28 am

My loft bed, for one! And in a post I did this week about cutting a squash, that knife is from IKEA.

10 Pure2raw twins August 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm

love IKEA. my place has about 5 pieces of furniture from it, we built it all from scratch. and it all turned out great! great store!

11 livinglearningeating August 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I love the IKEA Daim tart!

12 Alissa @ Not Just Apples August 20, 2011 at 12:07 am

They’ve totally changed the meatball recipe in England too… they’ve kind of got spongey, which is so sad, because they used to be such a tasty treat!

13 Lynn at The Actors Diet August 20, 2011 at 8:27 am

aha – so maybe the version i had as a kid was better? i’m glad i didn’t buy a bag of swedish meatballs to go!

14 Shell Lewis February 25, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Maybe the Swedish fish would’ve been a better option!! Ok joking aside their floating shelves are pretty cool and I admit I have a table top for my computer desk! It’s very shiny and only cost $18!