Back in The Bay Area

July 8, 2011

in breakfast, restaurant, snacks, travel

It hasn’t been long since my last visit to San Francisco – I spent 3 weeks here shooting the movie “Yes We’re Open” in May. So when we finally checked into our hotel after the long drive up I didn’t feel the need to explore – stayed put in the room the rest of the day!

Was still stuffed from lunch at Facebook, so around 9pm, I made miso soup with the coffee maker and snacked on an orange.

The reason for this trip is a little family reunion – we’re celebrating Aunt Jo’s 70th birthday and the whole Philly crew – Abe’s parents, sister, brother-in-law, and niece – flew in. We met for breakfast this morning at Chow.

I ordered 2 scrambled eggs with Sourdough Bread and fruit instead of home fries

The eggs got dressed in hot sauce…

…and the toast was smeared in jam – I wound up giving away 2 pieces

Been loving all this fig action lately!

Also sampled some of Abe’s breakfast quesadilla + guacamole…

…a few bites of my father-in-law’s Ricotta pancakes with Raspberries

Good thing there were toothpicks everywhere because those little seeds get stuck!

We spent the next couple hours walking – all the way to Golden Gate Park…

…where my niece enjoyed the Merry Go Round

(At least, the first part of it)

Chow on Urbanspoon

1 VeggieGirl July 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Love the Bay Area!

2 Amber's Notebook July 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Dude how long you here for? Sounds like you are busy though, but hit me up if you have a moment! I’m going to be in the city Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And possibly monday!

3 Amanda July 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

It looks so beautiful up there right now! It has to be cooler than the smackdown of summer you two left behind :-)
I haven’t thought about figs in ages. You have inspired a weekend fruit hunt. Have a wonderful trip!

4 Lauren July 8, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Have a wonderful time in San Fran. I am going to be taking notes because we’ll be here in August. :)

5 pure2rawtwins July 8, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Beautiful!! Enjoy your time there

6 Maris (In Good Taste) July 8, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Really nice photos!

7 livinglearningeating July 8, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Hi! You always seem to find such tasty fare – do you have any must-eat vegetarian spots in the USC area (I’ll be studying there without a car, so walk-able places would be great)? Thanks!

8 Lynn at The Actors Diet July 8, 2011 at 11:18 pm

check out the “restaurants” page of my blog:

don’t know exactly where things are in proximity to the usc campus, but i hear that there is a “lemonade” nearby and that’s one of my favorite places to eat.

9 livinglearningeating July 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thanks, I will!

10 Kish July 8, 2011 at 9:19 pm

how funny! i was actually just up in the bay area this week. but for work. and only for two days.

but where is the facebook office(referencing one of your older posts)?!!? we were going to try and go there for a meeting, but we read it was in menlo park and not palo alto anymore. is that right?

otherwise, i could’ve experienced that amazing looking cafeteria! GAH!

anywho. figs = amazing. same with raspberry pancakes.

11 Lynn at The Actors Diet July 8, 2011 at 11:16 pm

the one i went to was in palo alto!

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 9, 2011 at 5:17 am

I’ve been loving reading these SF posts…I’m heading to the area in a few weeks :) I Ioved the FB post especially!!