Hap-pea

July 6, 2011

in restaurant, soup/stew, travel

On the road!!!

Breakfast:

Stopped for lunch at Pea Soup Andersen’s in Buellton.

Of course, I got this:

Eaten with a package of Ry Krisp crackers

Couple bites of Abe’s lunch – a  sandwich with grilled veggies and cheese…

…and a few handfuls of fries – dipped in soup of course!

For a tourist trap, the food is shockingly good.  I kinda love it here.

Back on the highway!!!

Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 Kristine July 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I love Anderson’s split pea soup and the 101 is a great drive.

2 Julie (A Case of the Runs) July 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I stopped by the last time I was in that area and loved that their soup was veggie!

Although I ended up getting a muffin and oatmeal… sampled the soup off the bf.

3 jess @ Multicultural melbourne July 6, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Absolutely gorgeous photos! That sandwich looks soooo good!

4 Krystina (Organically Me) July 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Tourist traps make me happy. They’re so ridiculous.

5 Amber July 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Where are ya headed? Let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations around the Central Coast on your way home!

6 Liz July 6, 2011 at 2:21 pm

That’s totally epic. Reminds me of Blob’s Park out our way- cheesy but so beloved and SO much fun. The bottom of the bowl was harlirious.

Happy trails!

7 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 6, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love the pics! So retro and funky. Dig those!

I just posted about sugar snap peas.

Peas, going around :)

8 kimmiyori July 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Wanted to get this this before your departure, but maybe you’ll have a chance to give it a try on the way back. My cousin highly recommended this Mediterranean restaurant in Carmel — Demetra.
It is also apparently raved about by the locals and got 4 1/2 stars on Yelp and Urbanspoon. My cousins say that the lamb is to die for.
The link is: http://dametracafe.com/. Have a great trip!!!!

9 kimmiyori July 6, 2011 at 3:52 pm

P.S. If you happen to go a little out of the way and stop in Solvang on the way back, Paula’s Waffle House (I think that’s what it’s called) o the main drag is THE place for breakfast.

10 kimmiyori July 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

P.S. If you happen to go a little out of the way and stop in Solvang on the way back, Paula’s Waffle House (I think that’s what it’s called) on the main drag is THE place for breakfast. Also, on Atterdag just off the main drag, there is Mortensen’s Bakery. A little sweet for my taste, but some really pretty pastries. And more importantly, directly across the street from Mortensen’s is The Unique Bowtique where you can get pastries for Julius and the best chicken jerky and chicken & sweet potato patties ever. My dog, Ralphie lives for them.

11 Healthy Coconut July 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

gosh it’s so hot right now, i can’t imagine eating a soup right now. But your picture do make it look appetizing?

Are you blogging from your iphone? cool

12 Lynn at The Actors Diet July 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm

yes – i use the blogpress app!

13 Sues July 7, 2011 at 5:57 am

I love that you went to a pea soup restaurant! The sandwich looks delicious, too. Gotta love blogging from your phone! :)

14 Amanda July 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I love that drive! Andy and I are going to SF in a week or so for work and I’m bummed that we can’t drive. I always stop at Andersen’s!

15 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) July 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Really cool retro pics!

16 Julie July 7, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Oh my goodness-I went here when I was little and just loved it-but I had forgotten about it! The little guys at the bottom of the bowl were my favorite part. Thanks for reminding me that I need to take a trip out there again!

{ 4 trackbacks }