Food Hangover

June 1, 2011

in salads, trader joe's

I headed to the library yesterday to distract myself from residual overeating effects – just like in college, it was hard to concentrate after feeling so “hungover!”

This is my new favorite branch! Modern, spacious, and not too crowded.

photo

Around 7pm I had an appetite, but tummy room was tight. Put together a quick salad: Frozen asparagus and Tyson Grilled Chicken strips

While that ding donged, I washed and tore up a head of organic Romaine

Topped with Food Should Taste Good Sesame Chip crumbles and TJ’s Pineapple Salsa

Plus a sprinkle of Woody’s Gourmet Black Truffle and Fresh Thyme Herb Sea Salt

This was a sample from the Foodzie Tasting Box; to be honest I really couldn’t taste anything other than “salt”

It definitely left me craving something sweet, even though stomach room was getting scarce!

After blogging about Raw Revolution bars in April, they sent ALL of their other flavors to try! Abe and I shared the Tropical Mango

Don’t think coconut tropics – because there isn’t any! Just chunks of dates, nuts, and mango. I paired my half with a tiny nectarine.

Delicious, but sadly the entire meal left me in PAIN :(

I can’t wait to have my old body back again! Hopefully today. I’m already feeling much less ache-y.

Speaking of Hangovers, here’s a video interview I did on the red carpet for the Hangover Part II Preview Screening

1 Julie (A Case of the Runs) June 1, 2011 at 8:57 am

Wow, look at all those bars! They look lovely! I’ve been into more raw food lately. =D

2 chinmayie@lovefoodeat June 1, 2011 at 9:07 am

i totally understand what you mean by overeating!! it’s a horrible feeling. I have been cooking too much for my blog and EATING it! yesterday i decided not to blog only because i wanted to give myself a break from eating! lol
then i wondered how all the bloggers (especially the baking and dessert blogs) handle it! i would have been 10kgs heavier!!!

3 Erica June 1, 2011 at 10:01 am

The interview was so cute! This is going to sound nerdy but its so cool that you’re famous hehe :) The salad sounds delicious. Salads are definitely my go tos on days when I have food hangovers.

4 lowandbhold June 1, 2011 at 10:11 am

How does the Tyson chicken do in the microwave? I’m really weird about nuked chicken, but the convenience of it sounds nice.

5 Lynn at The Actors Diet June 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

They do well! Stay very moist.

Acting: http://www.lynnchen.com Food: http://www.theactorsdiet.com Body image: http://www.thickdumplingskin.com

6 coffeeandthepaper June 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling very well Lynn. My guess is it’s a combo of all the travelling, busy scheduling, different foods, and maybe some lack of sleep/stress? I know you will get back on track. Everything is kind of connected, so sometimes I think it takes a while to get all the puzzle pieces back into place, but we DO get there. I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you this – you’re a smart cookie!

Love that interview. Erica’s right, you are adorable!

7 Mimi June 1, 2011 at 11:23 am

Im so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. :(
Have you tried sipping some mint tea? I know that usually helps me when I’ve ‘overdone it.’

Oh, and thanks for the recommendation of ‘kung fu panda 2’! I thought it was a cute, sweet little story.
although, they did make it mighty obvious they are planning another sequel!

8 Jenn Brigole June 1, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Too bad you had to suffer long for this hangover. I, myself, usually would just drink anything liquid (water, iced tea, juice, etc.) for the entire day and by dinner time, I tend to eat ice cream on cone and pair it up with some crackers. It’s far from being healthy, I know, but it hasn’t failed me yet. LOL! Hope you are feeling way better now. Cheers! :)

9 Ameena June 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I hope you feel better Lynn! Food hangovers are no fun.

10 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) June 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Sorry your still suffering Lynn…I hope it goes away soon!

11 Maris (In Good Taste) June 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I love how u put that nice salad together so fast!

12 Pure2raw twins June 2, 2011 at 4:48 am

I have not tried that bar, i am not much of a bar person.

I hope you feel better!