Alice in Wonderland

April 30, 2011

in movies, snacks, travel

Had a little afternoon tea with my dear old friend Alice

7 years ago; she's the Asian to the right of me

(source)

…who holds a special place in my heart, as the director of my very first feature film, Saving Face

We met at Leland Tea Company

Such a cute spot!

I ordered a small Ginger Rogers

Alice didn’t know sizes were an option; her’s was the bigger one

I look so weird from this angle – like I’m at the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party!

Dinner plans with another director friend got cancelled last-minute due to baby duties, so I just snacked in my hotel room.

This was my first time eating an Arkansas Black apple and it was delightful. Snow White beautiful, too.

A Nugo Mint Chocolate Chip bar – also delicious

Spent my night watching the Royal Wedding recaps, catching up on blog stuff, watching movies instantly on Netflix, and studying lines for today’s scenes (we’re filming at the farmer’s market!!!)

It was actually a really lovely, mellow evening and I’m grateful I wound up with some much-needed “me time” before getting back to work!

Leland Tea Company on Urbanspoon

1 Tess April 30, 2011 at 7:47 am

Saving Face,the movie that launched a thousand ship(followers). Im one of them and your blog is cool. It has educated me about food,some of them I’ve never known about and places you’ve been. Eating healthy and knowing how you balance the food you eat. Can’t wait to see your next film.

2 Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count April 30, 2011 at 7:54 am

It’s so great to get the chance to catch up with old friends. I’ve heard you talk about Saving Face before but didn’t know much about the film. What a great idea to use the trailer. It looks great, I’ll have to see if I can rent it. Thanks. I love San Fran. Wish I had visited with my husband rather thant the person I was there with…sigh…guess we’ll have to plan a road trip.

3 Ellie April 30, 2011 at 10:28 am

at the farmer’s market? how fun! :) I bet it would be fun to watch filming in the process. have a great day!

4 rebecca lustig April 30, 2011 at 10:41 am

filming at the farmer’s market? that should be fun– enjoy!!

5 Alice in Wonderland for Android April 30, 2011 at 11:04 am

she looks really nice~!

6 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 30, 2011 at 11:18 am

A day spent at the farmer’s market is always a great day!

Have fun:-)

7 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] April 30, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Farmers’ market – the Ferry Building one or the Alemany one? :) I do love Leland Tea Company. Such a cute spot with reasonably priced tea service.

8 Lynn at The Actors Diet April 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm
9 Suki April 30, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Nice! It’s my favorite and the closest to my place. Need extras? ;-) random fact – it is the oldest farmers’ market in the state.

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet April 30, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Yes we do need extras for a wedding scene in berkley tomorrow! Lemme know if you are interested and I will tell the producer to contact you.

Acting: http://www.lynnchen.com Food: http://www.theactorsdiet.com Body image: http://www.thickdumplingskin.com

11 Susan C April 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Oh, watching the “Saving Face” trailer just made me teary. It’s so heartwarming. Alice is amazing. You are too! I’m so glad you connected with her.

12 Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) April 30, 2011 at 11:37 pm

My hubby and I do a lot of ‘hotel picnics’… So relaxing though. No pomp&circumstance. Just simple eats at ‘home’. Glad you had some ‘me’ time.

13 Pure2raw twins May 1, 2011 at 6:57 pm

love the picture with you and your tea :) so pretty!!

14 Kelly May 3, 2011 at 1:19 am

I am a big fan of Saving Face and a big fan of your blog.
How is Alice doing?

15 LeQuan May 11, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Cannot say it enough, Saving Face ROCKS!