Reading Rainbow

April 24, 2011

in acting, dessert, dinner

About an hour after checking in, my hotel room turned into a dressing room:

There are a lot of cute outfits the costume designer picked out – just crossing my fingers for not-too-freezing weather!

We had a great table read with most of the “Yes We’re Open” cast and crew – I’m pumped about this movie big happy smile smiley

Dinner was provided afterwards – an Italian-American feast from Buca di Beppo

Served family style, ’cause we’re now a film family!

A couple pastas…

…some greens…

…and mashed potatoes

I had some of everything, mostly veggies

Anthony’s Cookies = perfection

Chewy but firm, sweet but not sickeningly so

The Cookies & Cream flavor was kinda mind-blowing – if you love Oreos, you’ll adore this.

The last time I was in San Francisco (a few weeks ago) I met the lovely Cindy Maram – you can now read my interview with her in Dig In Magazine!

Buca di Beppo on UrbanspoonAnthony's Cookies on Urbanspoon

1 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 24, 2011 at 8:04 am

I love Buca!! I don’t know if you’ve ever been to their actual restaurants but they are adorable on the inside.

2 Ameena April 24, 2011 at 8:24 am

I love Buca’s frutto di mare (I’m sure I totally butchered that spelling)! Have a lovely time in one of my favorite cities!!

3 MarathonVal April 24, 2011 at 9:20 am

The best of luck with this new exciting venture! Hope you had a great weekend!

4 Pure2raw twins April 24, 2011 at 11:57 am

Best of luck with your new movie!!

5 annie April 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

i am a sucker for buca!

6 Ada April 24, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Good luck with the movie, this must be such an exciting time for you! Love the title of the post, by the way, particularly since my mom actually produced Reading Rainbow.

7 Lynn at The Actors Diet April 24, 2011 at 6:52 pm

that’s really cool about your mom, ada! i loved that show.

8 brokencookiesdontcount April 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I ate at Bucca di Beppo outside of Chicago last fall. What a trip, the food was so good and so much. We couldn’t eat it all. The decor was hysterical especially if you’re Italian! Best of Luck in San Fran!

9 Maris (In Good Taste) April 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm

This is so exciting! Be in a movie and all that food!

10 Diane April 24, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I had Buca a couple of weeks ago when I was there visiting. The restaurant in itself has some pretty interesting decoration, including the Pope’s head on one of the tables.

Anyway on an unrelated note, if you like coffee or tea.. Check out Philz Coffee! http://www.philzcoffee.com Rated best coffee in SF by SFWeekly.

Good luck with the movie!

11 The Writer April 24, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Those cookies look amazing! I got all excited for a moment because I assumed you were still in L.A. for LAAPFF, and thus, these cookies were from L.A. ;) Have fun with the movie!

12 Nishea Andolong May 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Lynn! Lovely post from our Table Read (: It was great to see Tasi and my face captured in one of your shots.

Good luck with the rest of the shoots and hopefully we can run into each other/work together sooner rather than later! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

13 Lynn at The Actors Diet May 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm

thanks nishea! you are such a lovely person and actress. excited to see you again (on the big screen!)