Flore

April 14, 2011

in dessert, restaurant, salads, sandwich, soup/stew, vegan

Thank you everyone for the congratulatory comments on my new movie! Just wanted to make it clear – I have ZERO intentions of losing any weight. I’m 100% content with my body, I just want to avoid feeling bloated/tired/overstuffed on set, so I’m going to be more conscious of what/how much I’m eating while we’re filming.

Unlike last night, when I totally left the restaurant with a food baby, ready to crash!!!

Flore Vegan Cuisine is a place Abe and I ate at regularly when it first opened, but apparently haven’t been to in almost 2 years, since I have never blogged about it!

We met our friends Aaron and Alissa there; where samples awaited! Alissa wasn’t sure if she’d like Seitan, so she asked the kitchen for a little taste. Good thing, because she wound up not liking the texture (“bouncy”).

I don’t mind it, so I ate the leftovers!

We started off with two orders of sliders as appetizers

Chickpea…

…and mushroom

I had a few bites of each – the mushroom one was hands down the best dish of the evening

Also tasted some of Abe’s Tempeh Reuben, which was good, but I prefer Locali’s version

For my entree I ordered the soup + sandwich combo

1/2 a Tempeh Tu-No Melt, with cashew cheese and daikon sprouts

Cup of the daily special – Roasted Broccoli

Plus I scored the balsamic-dressed greens which came with the sliders as a side salad

Nothing worthy of my BVSLA list, but it’s pretty solid hippie food. (Or hipster, I should say, since this is Silver Lake.)

The dessert case was a bit overwhelming, so we asked the waiter for suggestions

Very happy with what we got. I love it when vegan desserts impress!

Strawberry Shortcake

Lemon Berry

Evenly split

You’d think the two cakes would taste similar, but they were both unique in texture and flavor. And awesome.

We left very full, with leftovers to boot. Hmm…WHY has it been so long since I’ve been back to Flore?!?

Flore Vegan Cuisine on Urbanspoon

1 Vivian April 14, 2011 at 8:32 am

Love love love the way you blog about food. I’m inspired. It goes to show that healthy eating does wonders to your body on its own.

2 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) April 14, 2011 at 8:58 am

Those sliders look amazing! YUM!

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 14, 2011 at 9:02 am

That place looks amazing!!! I’m always so impressed when vegan restaurants veganize regular meals.

4 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

Mmmm cashew cheese! Is it weird that I kind of prefer that to the real stuff??

5 Lauren April 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

Lynn, you always have the best dining experience. I guess only in LA right?!!

6 Ada April 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

This is a tad late but congrats on your new movie!!!

7 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 14, 2011 at 11:59 am

Just read the post about your news, CONGRATS!!! Can’t wait to hear more about this movie:-)

8 theexperfectionist April 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Those little sliders look delish. I wish there was a vegan place here I live. I think we only have one organic restaurant.

9 gluttonandstudent April 14, 2011 at 2:21 pm

congrats on your movie!

those chickpea and mushroom sliders definitely look like celebration food to me.

10 The Red Velvet Wife April 14, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Looks delicious, I might have to try it when I visit LA! And I might actually be moving to LA in the coming months! Do you like living there? I hung out in the Silver Lake area quite a bit last time I was there — went to Red Lion Tavern with some friends. We also went to a good restaurant in the area for brunch, but I’m blanking on the name….

I’m a new reader/blogger, and I just wanted to say congrats on the movie, too! Very exciting!

11 Lynn at The Actors Diet April 14, 2011 at 4:42 pm

glad you found the blog! and if you move to LA definitely email me – i love blogger meetups.

12 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) April 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm