Trailer Treasure

March 13, 2011

in food truck, travel

After The Surrogate Valentine premiere, I was beyond ready to grub!

Torchy’s Tacos is all over Austin (with one location in Dallas). This stand is in the Trailer Park and Eatery, which features a number of other food trailers.

I prefer this to Los Angeles’ food truck scene – the location doesn’t need to be hunted down, and you don’t have to eat on the sidewalk!

While waiting for our tacos, Abe and I shared an appetizer

STARVING! The chips couldn’t get into my belly fast enough – by the end I was desperately shoving handfuls of crumbs in my mouth…

…then DRINKING the salsa. Classy!

For my main course, I ordered the Brush Fire Taco without Sour Cream

Very fresh and not too spicy, even with the grilled jalapenos

I also tried a bite of Abe’s Fried Avocado Taco – think Jalapeno Popper/Mozzarella Stick breading

Very full and happy, we headed over to The Blue Starlite Drive-in Theatre

IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0456.JPG

More cool trailers!!! This is the Wonder Craft – a boutique of handmade goodies housed in an Airstream:

We came to see my Surrogate Valentine co-star Goh perform

Snagged a video of him covering The Cure’s “Just Like Heaven”

Like what you hear? You can now pre-order the soundtrack – and the movie itself too!!!

Torchy's Tacos on Urbanspoon

1 Kate March 13, 2011 at 6:09 am

Hi Lynn,
I love your blog, look forward to reading it every day. I had a few persoanl questions I wanted to ask you about Binge eating, I believe that I have developed something close to this, I am very scared and was wondering if i could email you? It wont let me email when I click the email button on your contact page. Thank you for any help you can give.

2 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 13, 2011 at 6:14 am

Salsa is AMAZING. I’ve absolutely been known to drink it/eat it with a spoon when the chips are gone. No shame!

3 Erica March 13, 2011 at 6:31 am

How fun! I really want to eat off of a food truck! They had some at the brew fest we went to a few weekends ago, but I wasn’t hungry! That salsa looks super good! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog ;)

4 Teresa March 13, 2011 at 6:35 am

I think I actually like Goh’s cover of “Just Like Heaven” better than The Cure’s Original. I found myself singing along :D Can’t wait to see the movie! Just like a dream… ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Just like a dream … ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

5 hellomily March 13, 2011 at 7:21 am

The chips look soooo appetizing! Have fun!

6 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) March 13, 2011 at 8:07 am

The taco looks so good! With the weather being warmer here I am so craving summer foods like that!

7 quinn March 13, 2011 at 9:06 am

Looks like you are having a great time in TX! Love the “trailer park” eateries.
I really hate it when I accidentally let myself get way too hungry – sometimes it just sneaks up on me and I don’t even notice until my hands are actually trembling. Freaky.
Your method of carrying your own healthy snacks is such a good plan! I try to keep a piece of fruit or a packet of nuts or crackers in the car for commuting days, but it doesn’t always work. Must Try Harder :)
Carry on having fun now, you two!

8 Walking E March 13, 2011 at 10:16 am

We need to get YOU on a soundtrack album. I really love your outtake scene from “White on Rice” and wished it was on the DVD extras.

9 Amanda March 13, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Looks like you two are having such a fun time! I’ve never been to Texas but Austin looks like tons of fun. Avocado tacos, yum!

10 MizzJ March 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

So cool that you are at SXSW! haha I can’t believe you drank the salsa; I’ve always wanted to just eat the salsa by itself like that, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one!

11 kimbirdy March 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm

wow, he’s A-MAZING!! will he be doing any shows in LA?

12 coffeeandthepaper March 14, 2011 at 6:07 am

I just checking out Goh’s cover – one of my favorite songs. He is so talented! Did he do all of the music for the movie?

13 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2011 at 7:34 am

Yup – he plays himself and does the entire soundtrack! Here’s the trailer and a music video on itunes if you haven’t seen it yet: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/surrogatevalentine/

14 elise March 15, 2011 at 1:49 pm

hahaha, your post title reminded me of a treasure trail…sick.