Blueberry Banana Oat Cakes – a quick, healthy breakfast using oatmeal, banana, and egg whites.
These Blueberry Banana Oat Cakes are so easy and quick, I often wonder why I don’t make them more often. It’s vegetarian, made of only a few ingredients, and best of all – you feel like you’re eating cake for breakfast!
Start by mashing a banana with a fork. Add in 3 packets of instant oatmeal (I used Maple and Brown Sugar) plus 1 cup of frozen blueberries. Sprinkle in some cinnamon and 1/4 cup egg whites.
Evenly distribute the mixture into 2 sprayed, microwave-safe bowls. Microwave it on high for 4-5 minutes, until firm and done.
You can eat it straight outa the bowl…
…or flipped onto a plate. I choose the latter – who doesn’t want to eat “cake” for breakfast?!?
It’s dense, perfectly sweet, and totally filling – I was satisfied for over 6 hours! Here’s the recipe below. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 Banana
- 3 packets of instant oatmeal
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- Start by mashing a banana with a fork
- Add in 3 packets of instant oatmeal (I used Maple and Brown Sugar) and 1 cup frozen blueberries, Sprinkle of cinnamon and 1/4 cup egg whites
- Evenly distribute into 2 sprayed microwave safe bowls
- Ding dong on high for 4-5 minutes, until firm and done.
- You can eat it straight outa the bowl or flipped onto a plate