It’s that time of year again…
If you’ve seen Best Doc nominee “Exit Through the Gift Shop” (and if you haven’t you really really really should) you’ll be excited about Mr. Brainwash’s newest piece
It’s located right next to Sparadise on La Brea
Since 2004 Abe and I have hosted an annual Academy Awards potluck party, where we assign nominated movies/a food course to attendees, and see what they come up with. Last year (and this one too) we’ve had other plans, so I’ve compiled a list of Best Picture eats for any of you who might like to host one in 10 days.
- The Black Swan: Chocolate and Vanilla Swan Eclairs swimming in a pool of Grapefruit Sauce (as difficult to eat as the movie was to watch)
- The King’s Speech: Peanut Butter with Digestive Biscuits (so everyone who eats them has trouble saying their words)
- Inception: Turducken (chicken stuffed into a duck stuffed into a turkey, to represent the dream within a dream within a dream)
- Toy Story 3: Potato Burritos (in honor of Mr. Potato Head’s having to utilize a tortilla for his body)
- The Kids Are All Right: Drunken Spaghetti (Nic loved wine) with local, organic veggies (Paul’s restaurant)
- 127 Hours: Lemonade (preferably served in Nalgene bottles)
- Winter’s Bone: Meat and Potato Stew (Ree creates one in the movie, out of some ingredients from a charitable neighbor)
- The Fighter: New England Clam Chowder with Crack-ed Pepper, Crack-ers, and Crack Pie (obviously, the film has a crack theme)
- The Social Network: Open Face-book Sandwiches
- True Grit: True Grits (duh)
Any other Oscar-inspired eats you can think of?