Technofied

February 5, 2011

in product review

I’ve been wired in all day!  8am: Blog.  10am:  Skype meeting with the Surrogate Valentine team.  11am: Video shoot for NOW’s National Eating Disorders Week Campaign.

Recording, uploading, and editing 5 minutes of footage takes a lot longer than one would think!

I paused to take in the goodies Bakery on Main just shipped

It’s made near where I went to college – good old Connecticut :)

I sprinkled 1/2 a package of the Extreme Fruit Nut and Granola on a Verry Berry Chobani Champion

It’s totally different from conventional granola – super duper crunchy – and not an oat to be found!

Since my time with grapefruit is ending, I decided to make our experience extra special today

Cut in half, sectioned, sprinkled with cinnamon, and broiled for 3-4 minutes in the toaster oven

It becomes extra sweet + juicy – and squirts EVERYWHERE!

To be honest, I’d rather save the extra steps/mess and just eat the fruit raw. I was much happier with the granola n yogurt

Wound up polishing off the other half of the bag, it was so yummy!

I’ve spent way too much time indoors, with technology, the last few days. Desperately needed this walk:

Now I’ve gotta plug back in!

1 vaughn February 5, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Hello there!
I’m a very avid follower of your blog and was wondering how you got started sampling/reviewing products?
You inspired me to try and do the same (:
Thank you!

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet February 6, 2011 at 9:40 am

hi vaughn – do you have a blog? usually just writing to companies and letting them know you’ll blog about samples will work. see more on this post:

3 Lauren February 5, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I’ve seen this granola before but was always scared to buy it because it never really looked like granola to me, more like cereal. I’m happy to know you give it great reviews. Perhaps I should rethink this next time.

4 Mimi February 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Broiled grapefruit? SO COOL! I must try.

5 lequan February 5, 2011 at 9:14 pm

That is such a beautiful shot! (your last photo)

The way you prepared/ate your grapefruit reminded me of a remedy for cough that my MIL shared with me. Don’t know if your mom ever did this. Take an orange, cut off the top part (enough so that you cut off part of the meat as well). Sprinkle some salt into the orange. Put the top back on and stick a toothpick into it to hold it together. Double boil (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_steaming?wasRedirected=true) the orange for about 15 to 20 mins, scrape out the meat and eat.

6 sophia February 5, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Where was your walk? That place looks gorgeous.

I love the idea of corn flakes in that granola…you don’t see that often!

7 Ruby W. February 5, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Super exciting. Osteria Mamma is featured on KGB deals. Limit 3 too! I am so excited to try it out ever since you featured it for Abe’s birthday dinner. It’s close to Bricks and Scones, so I’ll definitely make a stop by there too. I love all the recommendations you have made so far.

8 Andrea@WellnessNotes February 6, 2011 at 7:16 am

Love the last photo!!!

9 Rapid Gigabitz February 6, 2011 at 8:07 am

i like it Technofied | The stage-mime's Diet now im your rss reader

10 lowandbhold February 6, 2011 at 8:28 am

I get so frustrated when editing video, it’s totally not my thing, but I completely respect the process when I get to enjoy the results!

11 elise February 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

i JUST discovere that brand on my last trip to WF. of course i already had 7 granolas/cereals in the cart at that point so i passed…but now im thinking i may give it a shot. super duper crunchy and oat free is intriguing. i looooove clusters :)

12 markus February 7, 2011 at 4:01 am

good thing they are eating fruits… good job. lol