Tropical Tahini Oat Bars Recipe
We’re having dinner tonight with an old friend who I haven’t seen in a while, and I want to bring her something. I know she likes healthy treats, so I consulted online, looking up ingredients I have in the house – Dried Tropical Fruit, Tahini, Instant Oatmeal, and Blueberry Rice Syrup. Between a bunch of “Tahini Cookie” and “Dried Fruit Bar” recipes, here’s what I came up with – Tropical Tahini Oat Bars!
Use a pizza cutter to cut it while it’s warm. It makes 9 bars.
Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. I couldn’t wait though, and served myself a warm edge.
Overall, it’s not very sweet, though the dried fruit packs a sugary punch with each bite. The rest of them got packaged for tonight – they were a big hit with the recipient!
- 1/2 cup Dried Kiwi
- 1/2 cup Dried Pineapple
- Hot water
- 6 Heaping Tablespoons Tahini
- 1/4 cup Rice Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 packets (1.5 cups) Instant Oatmeal
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax
- Start by soaking the Dried Fruits in hot water for 10 minutes. While those soften, mix together the Tahini, rice syrup (or sweetener of your choice) and cinnamon.
- Add the Oats and Flax to the Tahini mixture.
- Once the dried fruit has softened, chop those up and add to the bowl, along with the egg.
- Spray an 8x8 inch container and press the mixture in (with wet hands to prevent going hysterical from sticky fingers)
- Bake between 20 and 25, until a toothpick comes out clean.