Everyday Art

December 29, 2010

in breakfast, gluten free, lunch, movies, vegetarian

It’s raining again.

Dusted off the hand weights this morning and did some lazy conditioning while watching “Exit Through the Gift Shop.” The subject is street art and it is fascinating + funny – I want to leave The Actor’s Diet stickers all over the place!

I was recently introduced to Shepard Fairey through Abe, and am just NOW getting star-struck, even though we met months ago…

…and I was already familiar with his work…

(I’m sure you are too!)

Only 3/4 through this documentary and ADORE it. In fact, it may make my top 10 films of 2010 – the movie is on DVD now, but if you have Netflix, it’s available on demand too.

My breakfast was boring. I got inspired by these street artists to make it interesting.

Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread

…Nonfat organic cottage cheese…

…in a creamer?!?

Whatever works!

Julius and I did end up taking a short walk before lunch…

…which was so hideous I couldn’t bear it!

So I added some chopped cherry tomatoes to the leftover roasted root veggies + hard boiled egg

Housed in a prettier bowl

I swear it tasted better. Sometimes it’s the simplest things.

1 Simply Life December 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm

oh that is a pretty bowl! :)

2 KeepItSweet December 29, 2010 at 6:02 pm

i can’t believe it is raining again in LA! hopefully it won’t last so long this time!

3 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) December 29, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I love pretty bowls and silverware. Definitely makes the mundane fancier!

4 Katharina December 29, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Indeed, sometimes it is the simpler things :) Like buttered toast! That sounds like a really neat movie you were talking about. I’m going to have to check it out on Netflix instant play now!

XOXO I’ve missed you!

5 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg December 29, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Isn’t it amazing the difference that pretty kitchenware can make? Love that bowl!

6 thehungryscholar December 29, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I saw that movie in theaters. I’ve worn Obey tees for quite some time, so I was excited to catch it. Great documentary. Totally makes you notice the street art around you.

7 wendy lee December 29, 2010 at 6:57 pm

We saw the movie when it first came out; we went with a friend who is an artist and writes an art blog and she loved it too. It is fascinating and funny and so unique.
Loved your idea about sprucing something up in a pretty bowl…

8 MarathonVal December 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I’ve never heard of it and that’s something I never would have picked out on my own, but I trust your judgment! :)

9 coffeeandthepaper December 29, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Shepard Fairey had an exhibit at the Andy Warhol museum earlier this year that was pretty amazing. So cool that you know him!

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 29, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I’ve heard really good things about “Exit Through The Gift Shop”!!

11 jerilyn December 29, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Saw ‘Exit thru The Gift Shop’ a few weeks ago – soooo good! Now I really notice all street art on LaBrea I drive by in the morning en route to work!
Anyhoo, Happy Holidays!

12 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 30, 2010 at 12:17 am

i know – i recognized so much of the street art but can’t remember where. i’ll be so much more conscious now!

13 Monet December 29, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Simplicity does wonders. And I am excited to check out that movie now. We love watching documentaries at my house. Thank you for sharing with me, my sweet friend. I wish you and your love a happy and blessed new year!

14 Ameena December 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I think the ridiculous storm up we experienced here in San Fran last night is what you got to experience today. It made me realize that having a car might not be so overrated!! Trying to find a cab for 30 minutes will do that!

15 Mimi December 30, 2010 at 12:42 am

It’s Bethenney Frankel who insists we start digestion with our eyes. If it doesn’t look pretty, I don’t think it tastes quite as good. Unless it’s something that revels in its fugliness, like chili and cornbread!

16 Pure2raw twins December 30, 2010 at 6:29 am

Yes simpler is better!

That soda bread looks amazing!

17 lowandbhold December 30, 2010 at 7:06 am

I wish I knew more about art. I’m pretty clueless. I like eating things in random containers though. Always fun.

18 DiningAndDishing December 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

I agree – the presentation is absolutely a part of the taste! :)

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

19 lequan December 30, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love that first picture, so beautiful. Great shot, Lynn!