Bah Humbug

December 25, 2010

in dinner, fashion, restaurant, vegetarian

T’was the night before X-mas…

Here’s the happy couple…

…and the meal that stole Christmas:

It couldn’t have been a more perfect, delicious evening. I was so impressed with August for having a vegetarian tasting menu – even the amuse bouche (an eggnog panna cotta).

Unfortunately, this is how I’ve been since 9pm last night:

I’m really really really sick. I know it’s not food poisoning because Abe’s had the
same exact things as me the last few days. My stomach warned me the first night and I thought eating vegetarian would’ve been a safe bet – but I guess all the butter, cream, and sugar has finally caught up with me.

Even though I’ve got another full day left in New Orleans, it’s pretty safe to say that everything here on out is going to be as blah as can be….if I can manage to get anything down :(

At least I still get to play Santa today – check out the Shopbop and Newman’s Own Giveaways.

Happy Holidaze?!

August on Urbanspoon

1 quinn December 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Oh, tough luck! Hope you both feel better asap!

2 actorsdiet December 25, 2010 at 4:56 pm

thanks! it’s actually just me who’s sick – thankfully, so abe can get me everything!

3 ChezJulie December 25, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Oh, no, you poor thing! Must be some kind of virus you’ve been dancing around that finally caught up with you. I’m sick for Christmas, too – cancelled Christmas Eve dinner, had a lovely Christmas morning, but now am going back to bed while the husband visits relatives.

At least it happened at the end of your trip and not the start. Hope you feel better soon. I’ve been really enjoying the account of your trip up to now.

4 Lauren December 25, 2010 at 2:52 pm

OHHHH NOO!! I am so sorry to hear and see you sick. What a complete drag on your vacation and your birthday and Christmas! Feel better love.

5 mandyunruh December 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm

So sorry! I’ve got a funny tummy, too. Hit me last night. Not sure if it’s an emotional reaction to extremely bad in-law behavior (they left last night, thank God), early labor, or just a bug. Guess time will tell! So I’m in bed all day, hanging with husband, eating toast. What a bizarre Christmas. xoxo

6 Andrea@WellnessNotes December 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Dinner looks lovey. So sorry you are not feeling well! Get better soon!

7 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel December 25, 2010 at 3:10 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

8 KeepItSweet December 25, 2010 at 3:12 pm

oh no! I hope you feel better very soon!!!

9 Anna December 25, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I’m SO sorry you’re sick!! That New Orleans food can be SO rich, especially when you’re not used to eating that way. Happy belated birthday, and happy holidays!

10 Silvia @ skinny jeans food December 25, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Poor thang! On vacation and sick! You eat so healthy most of the time, your belly seems to be offended by all the rich food and maybe some bug that seems to go around. Hope you feel better soon!!

11 Danielle @ myfoodideas December 25, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Oh no:-( being sick is the worst especially when you arent home:-( I hope you guys feel better!

12 Rose December 25, 2010 at 4:51 pm

aw, lynn, i’m so sorry! – at least you have the coziest-looking-sick -bed-ever though, right? i hope you feel better soon- take it as an excuse to just curl up with some x-mas movies, i guess ;)

13 Amy @ Second City Randomness December 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Well. I’m glad you had a lovely night out for your birthday. But I’m sorry you’re feeling so ill! :( Rest up for the rest of the trip… I hope you feel better soon!

14 Cindy December 25, 2010 at 7:26 pm

So sorry you’re sick. Hopefully it will pass enough to let you get out some before you return home.

15 Carrie (Love Healthy Living) December 25, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Oh no! Feel better soon. :(

16 Tracy December 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Get well soon Lynn! At least your bed looks heavenly soft …

17 Imwaytoobusy December 25, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I am usually a quiet reader of yours, but I thought I would send well wishes! I am glad you were able to have a fabulous Christmas Eve. Feel better soon!

18 elise December 26, 2010 at 12:23 am

awwww..sorry love! happy belated birthday. hope you can find some fun (non-food?) related things to do the last days of your trip. oh, and merry xmas :)

19 Lauren December 26, 2010 at 6:40 am

I feel your pain! I missed my family’s Christmas Eve celebration due to a combo of the flu and a cold. Joy to the world. At least I felt well enough yesterday to eat some of the most delicious ham I’ve ever tasted at my Aunt’s family’s house!

20 susan December 26, 2010 at 7:29 am

Merry Christmas Lynn! I’m glad you and Abe had a memorable and yummy evening, and I hope you feel better soon!

21 Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 26, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Oh no, feel better lady! I’ve got a stomach thing goin’ on too; seems to be going around with a lot of bloggers! boo!!! and Merry Late Christmas!

22 lequan December 27, 2010 at 2:11 am

Oh gosh Lynn. Saw your tweet, but didn’t know you were this sick. You poor girl :( I’ve been staying off blogging due to my daughter’s bday and Christmas so I’m just now catching up on all 6 of your posts. I really hope you feel better soon! Wished you were closer so I could rush over a hot bowl of chicken congee for you.

23 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 27, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes to you and yours :-)