Before the Storm

December 21, 2010

in dessert, dinner, movies, trader joe's

I’m blogging now before the big one hits – there’s supposed to be some extreme weather tonight – fingers crossed there isn’t a blackout!

Record rainfall has taken its toll on our car :(

The convertible top has been leaking, and the leather on the steering wheel is sticky and gross. Anyone know if this is something that will eventually just dry out, or is there something we can do to treat it?!

How is it that New Orleans has better weather than Los Angeles?!?

Hoping that warm sun stays (though it looks like it’ll be thunderstorming on my birthday, and a wet X-mas!)

While packing up, I looked through the pantry for some dinner.

Thrown together with broccoli

Also curious about this new-to-me frozen dessert…

I don’t count calories, but was baffled at how this entire pint could be less than 150?!

Tried a scoop of each flavor, sprinkled with a little Cranberry Lemon Sugar Cookie

And something definitely not low-calorie, a Gluten-Free Magic Bar

The texture of the Arctic Zero is nice n creamy, but I wasn’t feeling the flavor.

Definitely dug this, though

HIGHLY recommend seeing “The Fighter.” Amazing performances, great directing (David O. Russell is one of my favorites) and much funnier than I had anticipated.

One more snack before bed:

See you in New Orleans! Hopefully without any storm-related drama!

1 Monet December 21, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Oh the weather has sure been crazy around the country! We are fortunate to not be getting much in Colorado…at least in our parts! Ryan and I are eager to see the Fighter…I’m glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing another great post with me. I hope you are having a week of family, friends and love!

2 Kelly December 22, 2010 at 12:34 am

Happy early birthday! =^)

3 Walking E December 22, 2010 at 1:26 am

Less than 150 a pint, eh?? Hmm, I might need to try some of that. Where is it sold?

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 22, 2010 at 8:57 am

here’s a list of stores: http://www.myarcticzero.com/locations.php

5 KeepItSweet December 22, 2010 at 4:18 am

i had the chocolate peanut butter artic zero and it wasn’t bad (more sorbet-like than ice cream like), though i hated the strawberry

6 Lauren December 22, 2010 at 4:33 am

Oh no, I’ve never experienced a blackout but I hear they are crazy. Only in Ca right?
Have a wonderful and safe trip. :)

7 Amy @ Second City Randomness December 22, 2010 at 4:58 am

I saw that you guys are officially in a “state of emergency”! The weather has been crazy!!!
At least you’ll get a break on your trip! Be safe! :)

8 Tina December 22, 2010 at 6:23 am

I’ve tried the cookies and cream and the vanilla maple artic zero flavors. The cookies and cream was exactly like the ones you tried: good consistency, but the flavor was too much like a mild protein shake. The vanilla maple however is really good! Thats the only flavor that has added sugar though, which is probably why its the best one ;)

9 Cindy December 22, 2010 at 6:42 am

Have a safe trip!! AND a very Happy Birthday!

If the cover on your steering wheel is leather, then any sort of leather conditioner will work. Clean it with saddle soap and then apply the conditioner. If it’s not leather, then it could be the vinyl breaking down, which will just continue. You’ll want to get a cover for it.

…or stop eating your PB & J sandwiches in the car. ;)

10 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg December 22, 2010 at 6:54 am

I’ve wondered about that Arctic Zero– I’d like to give it a try, but honestly, I usually just prefer a small amount of the real deal!

I want to see The Fighter! Glad you liked it!

11 Allywan December 22, 2010 at 7:54 am

Aww snap. I really wanted that 150 cal dessertiness to be good. Why couldn’t it be delicious??? :(

12 lowandbhold December 22, 2010 at 9:33 am

I can’t believe the weather you guys are getting. I hope the rain clears up soon!

13 Nicole December 22, 2010 at 11:38 am

Ugh That weather sounds horrible! I’m hoping that it snows here on christmas!

xo
NICOLE

14 emily (a nutritionist eats) December 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Can’t wait to hear about NOLA!

15 coffeeandthepaper December 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Yikes! Travel safe guys!

16 leftcoastcontessa December 22, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I’m seeing the Fighter tonight! Can’t wait to see it!

17 DiningAndDishing December 22, 2010 at 3:33 pm

oo – enjoy new orleans! i LOVE that city :).

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

18 Fun and yum December 23, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Just tried the mint chocolate cookie Arctic Zero….loved it. As for the vanilla having added sugar…I’m confused cause all the flavors use organic cane sugar and monk fruit as the sweeteners. But hell, with 16 grams of whey protein and only 150 calories, I’ll never complain.