Bloggy Sunday

November 28, 2010

in bakeries/cafes/dessert places, breakfast, soup/stew

cow dance emoticonHappy Food Dance!

A polished off jar of Almond Butter could only mean one thing:

This morning’s Oats In A Jar mix had oat bran, frozen organic strawberries, Vanilla Stevia, and egg whites. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – ONLY DO THIS WITH GLASS CONTAINERS.

I think I did a magnificent job cleaning out the nut butter remnants:

Befitting that I ate a blogger-inspired breakfast, since I had a meetup in the afternoon! Here’s Amanda and Andy:

Sophia and Kaitlin (the one photographing her food, of course)

We went to the Pasadena Intelligentsia – I’ve been to the Venice and Silverlake locations a few times before. This space is much bigger…

…and they also serve food:

Wasn’t in a coffee/tea mood so I ordered a Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.

It was all right – nothing mind-blowing. For $7, can a girl get a hunk of bread on the side?!?

This was Amanda’s “Lasagna Cupcake” – don’t think muffin – it’s basically short ribs wrapped in noodles with salad on top.

Andy waiting patiently for all of us to finish taking photos so he could finally eat his sandwich…

The Two Boos liked their dishes; my general impression is that the food is overpriced and not on par with the quality of their brews.

But everything was certainly photogenic!

Intelligentsia Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 Astrid November 28, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I get super jealous but happy at the same time when I see bloggers I know getting together. It reminds me of the memories I have shared with you, too. I wish I had a cool coffee shop nearby to get a delicious scone and coffee drink with hearts on top.

2 ChezJulie November 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Sunday, Bloggy Sunday… That restaurant looks like it is a little overly impressed with its food presentation as opposed to value.

3 Sana November 28, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I wonder if Intelligentsia is a midwest and west coast kinda thing! I have not seen one on the east :)

Have a lovely week :)

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 29, 2010 at 9:43 am

i believe they began in chicago and have locations in LA and NYC?!?

5 Rose November 28, 2010 at 7:45 pm

i’m always a little skeptical of a place where the coffee is better than delicious looking (mediocre tasting) food. why not just serve good coffee, eh?
glad you had a good time though! looks like fun

6 susan November 28, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Fun meetup!

Totes hear you on the glass containers. I let my oats cool down before I put them in a plastic jar.

7 sarahe1 November 28, 2010 at 7:56 pm

kind of a bummer that the food wasn’t good, but i am TOTALLY going to steal the savory cupcake idea!!

8 sophia November 28, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Yay!!! It was so fun to hang out again. I get more and more amazed each time by your grace and strength, Lynn. And Amanda, Andy, and Kaitlin FTW! :D

By the way, I am so glad I ate before I went. Everything was so darn expensive! $3.50 for a muffin! No thanks. But the cappuccino was definitely the best thing I’ve drunk in a while!

9 twobooswhoeat November 28, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I’m convinced that I need your camera now. Your pictures are fabulous! It was so nice getting together today. Thanks for inviting us. We are big coffee lovers and it did not disappoint.

10 Kris | iheartwellness.com November 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm

What a fun day out! I am disappointed when my brew is not up to par when I hit up a place that you think would be divine.

They look freaking tasty though!

xxoo

11 clairedille November 28, 2010 at 10:12 pm

What a fun meet up! I still need to try the intelligentsia’s!

12 Melissa @ TryingToHeal November 28, 2010 at 10:57 pm

bah, jealous of the meetup this weekend!

and i love the cow dancing at the beginning of the post. too cute.

13 Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat November 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Where was my invite? Rawr! I like food tooo!!!!

14 Monet November 28, 2010 at 11:33 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely day…and I love that you were able to connect with some fellow bloggers. How much fun! I find that most really good coffee shops don’t have the best food…they are known for there espresso and brews so I always bring my own treat to eat along with my cup of joe! Thanks for sharing, love!

15 Lauren November 29, 2010 at 4:59 am

You have some of the best Blogger experiences. :)

16 Simply Life November 29, 2010 at 5:11 am

what a fun “blogger” day! :)

17 Anna November 29, 2010 at 5:24 am

You always have such fun bloggy activities! Jealous!

18 lowandbhold November 29, 2010 at 9:13 am

Fun! Upsetting that the food wasn’t up to snuff tho :(