Pie and Tuna

November 26, 2010

in brunch

Happy Black Friday!

Started off with some sludge.

I was starving when I woke up this morning – hadn’t eaten anything since Thanksgiving pie in the afternoon! This packet of Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango (a free sample I’ve had for over a year) tasted not-so-great but held me over for today’s brunch, back at the beach house.

When we first arrived I had to revisit an old friend…

I think I ate more today than yesterday!

Pretty much everything was from Whole Foods except for this salad that my cousin Kristine made, which had beets, goat cheese, and hazelnuts:

My first plate had a taste of everything:

Seconds and thirds of the salad, baked apples, and lots and lots (and lots) of this Cranberry Tuna, on every type of bread available:

Watch out Whole Foods – I’m coming for your Chocolate Pecan Pie and more of this:

Dessert was Cousin Steve’s homemade sorbet; one recipe you can find on Kristine’s food blog:

I brought along the Antioxidant Cookie Balls

Mmmm….refreshing…

Just took a little cat nap on the couch. Dunno what the rest of the day has in store for us, but I highly doubt it will include shopping!

1 lpskins November 26, 2010 at 5:25 pm

those baked apples look divine! What’s in them? And I don’t eat tuna but I might change my mind for that one. I need to start hanging with your people!

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 26, 2010 at 6:00 pm

i think it had dried fruit, nuts, and honey. it rocked.

3 Gail November 26, 2010 at 6:07 pm

What a gorgeous spread of food…looks yummy, and served so beautifully.

4 Mariko November 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I don’t like pecan pie but um, can I have a slice of that one? Looks amazing.
What a nice after thanksgiving meal. I need a light taste right now.

5 sophia November 26, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Oh wow!!! Everything looks so fresh and yummy, Lynn! I can see why you stuffed yourself more on this feast!

6 Melissa @ TryingToHeal November 26, 2010 at 7:48 pm

ohhh….a WF meal!? What more could a foodie ever want?!

Oh, I know; I want that sorbet. Nom nom.

7 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 27, 2010 at 12:08 am

I have seen those cookie ball things all over the blog world! I am going to have to make them ASAP!

8 Nelle @ Living Cliche November 27, 2010 at 2:50 am

I have never shopped on Black Friday in my life. I usually end up working, so I guess it’s no surprise. I still wouldn’t want to deal with the chaos, though, I totally agree with you! :-)

9 Ada November 27, 2010 at 4:09 am

I’m so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and post-Thanksgiving! That pecan pie looks amazingggg:)

10 Lauren November 27, 2010 at 6:24 am

Eating the leftovers is almost better than the actual dinner. Glad you are still enjoying the holiday in every right way. ;)