Name That Princess

November 15, 2010

in dinner

Because of the meds I’ve been on lately, I feel like Cinderella – after a certain hour I turn into a pumpkin. An ache-y, weak-ass one. Or maybe I’m more like The Little Mermaid. No, that’s not right – which one is the princess that changes forms when it turns dark? Does she exist or am I making this up?!

At any rate, I was stir crazy and needed to get out of the house before night time and nausea arrived. We went to go see a movie at the Arclight. They had Harry Potter costumes on display!

OMG OMG OMG I can’t wait to see The Deathly Hallows!!!

Decided to cook some Peanut Butter Noodles for dinner. I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I’ve made them, they’re freaking fantastic! Same recipe as before, only this time I used Coconut PB, Whole Wheat Spaghetti (which flew everywhere when I opened the package)…

…and the remaining Asian Mix/Collard Greens as the veggies.

Tons of leftovers = cold peanut noodles = best thing ever

I went heavy on the greens and Sriracha

The Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” Chopsticks episode – how appropriate!

Abe just ate at Wazuzu, one of the places mentioned in the show, while he was in Vegas. He has been talking about it every day since he got back!

We shared the last of the Chocolate Inspirations loot -

with an organic gala + peanut ginger chew

Chocolate covered granola – why isn’t this a national phenomenon?!?

The nausea monster wasn’t as horrible as it’s been other evenings, but I’m hoping that my body will adjust soon because I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired! And I really wanna know who that princess I mentioned before is – the one who can’t be out when the sun sets. Or am I just thinking of werewolves?!?

1 Anna November 15, 2010 at 8:33 am

Doesn’t Princess Fiona from Shrek do that? I’ve never seen the whole movie, ha!

2 VeggieGirl November 15, 2010 at 8:36 am

I did a Google search and can’t find anything about a princess like that… sorry haha :D

3 Annie November 15, 2010 at 8:39 am

You’re thinking of Princess Fiona from Shrek. In the first movie, she’s a beautiful princess by day, and an ogre by night.

4 Danielle @ myfoodideas November 15, 2010 at 8:53 am

Yup, Anna is right, its Princess Fiona from Shrek…That dinner looks yummy! & anything chocolate covered is good in my book lol…. Hope you start feeling better soon!

5 Vivian November 15, 2010 at 9:02 am

I’m sooo psyched for hp7! I bet there are a lot of promotional stuff happening in LA for it! The costumes look so cool!

I’ve been wondering, what do ginger chews taste like? Actual ginger? I’m so fascinated :D

6 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm

they’re ginger-y but not too strong – very sweet and gummy too!

7 Astrid November 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

I can’t wait to see Harry Potter either! I have read all of the books at least 3 times and the movies are just plain fun. I wish I could get one of the costumes and wear it to a midnight showing. Unfortunately I will probably wait out seeing it until the hype dies down a bit.
Fiona changes form at night, but into an ogre. Do you turn into an ogre?

8 lequan November 15, 2010 at 9:11 am

I think you’re thinking of the princess from Shrek? That’s the first one that popped into my mind. I’ve been dealing with my little princess’ princess obsession these days.

Hope the nausea gets better, Lynn. I’ve started taking magnesium and glucosamine for my back and have been feeling nauseous too, so not fun :(

9 Gail November 15, 2010 at 9:18 am

Feel better. Fiona at night was a very sweet person !

10 Yin November 15, 2010 at 10:03 am

I thought you were talking about Odette from the Swan Princess. She turns into a human once the full moon comes out.

11 Pearl Lee November 15, 2010 at 10:05 am

I think it’s Princess Fiona! She turns into her form (an ogress) when the sun sets.

12 Mimi November 15, 2010 at 10:17 am

Haha, Cinderella didn’t turn into a pumpkin, just her wheels. Though I’m very sorry if that happened to you, given your recent car troubles!

Those noodles look really yummy. How pronounced is the peanut flavor? I’ve never actually had “peanut noodles,” cuz I iz from a white-washed family.

13 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

the way i make ‘em it’s not super peanut-y. you could always add way more!

14 sarahnotsoplainandtall November 15, 2010 at 10:23 am

Oh wow!! That chocolate treat looks amazing!!! And it’s vegan too amazing!! Now I want some ;)

15 It All Changes November 15, 2010 at 10:56 am

Shrek’s wife Princess Fiona does that. It helps them fall in love.

16 Jen November 15, 2010 at 11:27 am

The first princess I thought of was Fiona, but there’s also Odette from the Swan Princess. Her transformation is more complicated, though. I think she’s a swan by day and human by night. Oh, and there’s something about moonlight in the equation too. Can’t remember!

17 leftcoastcontessa November 15, 2010 at 11:35 am

I love the Arclight! I am seeing HP there next weekend :)

18 lowandbhold November 15, 2010 at 11:45 am

Sorry you’ve been dealing with that, sounds miserable!

19 emily (a nutritionist eats) November 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Hope you feel better Lynn!!

20 Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) November 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Yikes, you are all over the place with those meds for sure! Hopefully your system will get acclimated soon!

21 Maria M. November 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Sorry you’re feeling a bit crummy sometimes. For what it is worth, after starting to read your blog, I found myself hunting the ginger chew candies you regularly had. I went online to find stores that carried them and found a number of reviewers tout the properties of ginger chews in regards to nausea. The apple ginger chews seemed to be especially favored by pregnant ladies dealing with morning sickness.

22 Megan (Braise The Roof) November 15, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I’m excited for Harry Potter, too! I think you’ve got a Disney Princess mixed metaphor on your hands- I’m with you, though!

23 Nelle @ Living Cliche November 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Well, Cinderella does have to be home by midnight. She goes to the Ball, meets the Prince, and then at midnight her dress turns back into rags, the carriage turns back into a pumpkins, the horses into mice, etc….

Those noodles do look very tasty!

24 Eileen November 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Just being curious. You seem to be quite fascinated about ginger chews. Is that kinda of a ritual now or it can actually help the nausea from your meds. According to Australia research, ginger helps morning sickness and nausea.

25 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

oh yes i’m addicted and have been for years. i explain more in my FAQ http://theactorsdiet.wordpress.com/about-2/faqs/

26 quinn November 15, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I hope you feel better soon!

27 Ameena November 15, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I ate at Wazuzu this summer and loved it. Finally a good Asian-ish restaurant in Las Vegas!

28 squigglefloey November 16, 2010 at 3:17 am

Hmm I don’t like ginger much, so I probably wouldn’t like the ginger chews then…I’m guessing. I see them all the time at trader joes though! Are they supposed to be good for your health/digestion?
Anywho, I thought you were talking about Cinderella, but that’s just the after midnight thing, I don’t think she had anything to do with the sun? hehe.

29 Lynn at The Actors Diet November 16, 2010 at 4:03 pm

they’re supposed to be good for digestion, but to be honest they haven’t really been helping with all the nausea i’ve been having lately!

30 dining room chairs November 16, 2010 at 6:33 am

I hope you wiil feel better soon…