Zebra Herbivore

October 26, 2010

in movies, salads, snacks

After yesterday’s blogger meetup I plopped onto the couch and stayed there the rest of the night. Felt icky, but not too ill to consume the leftover Scallop and Shrimp Salad.

P1280221.JPG

Not surprisingly, this was not terrific after a day in the fridge – all the fried seafood and crispy potatoes went limp but the veggies somehow stayed in tact, despite being coated in dressing. I added an additional handful of baby spinach to sop up the excess and bring it all back to life.

P1280223.JPG

For dessert Abe and I shared one of the snacks from my SDAFF SWAG bag.

P1280224.JPG

I’ve been eating these Yan Yan since I can remember. You start of with an educational biscuit

P1280227.JPG

…and dip it into the frosting compartment (this was the strawberry flavor)

P1280226.JPG

The perfect snack to watch my Japanese-themed movie, “White on Rice,” with! The DVD just arrived on Netflix, and it has a lot of cool bonus features – commentary, behind-the-scenes featurette, deleted scenes, and more!

I got all meta and took a picture of me getting my picture taken in the movie:

P1150949.JPG

Of course, my food choices were not the best for my body and I wound up feeling sicker as the evening went on. Do as I say, not as I do, people!

But DO watch “White on Rice.” That part was fun!

P.S. – My NCIS:LA episode airs tonight.  That is, if I didn’t get cut!  I have two very short scenes and I’m wearing scrubs.

P.P.S. – There’s a terrific Living Social deal today for a 75-minute massage at Healing Hands for $35!!!  I’ve never been to this location, but I go to the one on Larchmont all the time and LOVE IT.

1 Estela @ Weekly Bite October 26, 2010 at 8:24 am

That Yan Yan snack looks super tasty!!

2 Danielle @ myfoodideas October 26, 2010 at 8:39 am

That Yan-Yan looks yummy! (I was wondering where the heck your post title came from lol, so random).
I love NCIS: LA! I have to go to my therapist appt at 7 tonight but I should be home before it aires at 9…I’ll keep an eye out for ya!

3 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 26, 2010 at 8:46 am

The snackage looks yummy! What could be bad, a biscuit and icing? I hope you feel better soon!

4 lequan October 26, 2010 at 9:15 am

YAN YAN!!!!!! Can you tell, childhood food makes me very happy!!!??? :-P

Got my fingers crossed for you. Will be watching for scrubs ;)

5 Ameena October 26, 2010 at 9:24 am

I’m sorry you are still feeling sick! Stick to carbs, that always works for me. White rice (no pun intended) cures all. :)

I can’t wait to see your movie! I need to find a place to rent it because I don’t belong to Netflix. Yes, I realize I am the only person who doesn’t.

6 Monet October 26, 2010 at 9:39 am

I hope you are starting to feel much much better. I feel like leftover salad never holds up as well as I want it to…but I still eat it, regardless of soggy greens. And I loved your little biscuit snack. How much fun are those long straws and that pink frosting dip. I would be all over that! Thanks for sharing, sweet woman!

7 Julie (A Case of the Runs) October 26, 2010 at 9:50 am

OMG, Yan Yans were a childhood treat! Thanks for reminding me of them… =)

8 Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat October 26, 2010 at 10:47 am

And my DVR is now SET!

9 leftcoastcontessa October 26, 2010 at 10:51 am

Yay! I will tune into NCIS:LA tonight! Can’t wait for the next blogger meet up so we can finally meet (in person).

10 lowandbhold October 26, 2010 at 11:15 am

Oh I’m going to DVR that episode!
Hope you feel better :(

11 Roxan October 26, 2010 at 11:36 am

I love Yan Yan! totally reminds me of being a little kid. I remember trying to use the right amount of dip with each biscuit so i wouldn’t run out of either too fast. I don’t remember it having those educational words though.

12 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 26, 2010 at 11:56 am

I’ve never seen Yan Yans before but they look good! I’ll definitely be watching NCIS tonight-I’ll be on the lookout for you :D

13 emily October 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm

your salad looks delish!
congrats on NCIS! I’ll have to look for you! :)

14 Andrea@WellnessNotes October 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm

The Yan Yan snack looks good! The teenager used to eat similar snacks growing up. I used to pick them up at the Japanese store across from where I used to work… Brings back memories! :)

15 vanillasugar October 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm

so that’s what those cup thingees look like? hmmm. i would have frosting-crash an hour later. lol

16 It All Changes October 26, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I saw you!!!! I scream…scared my dogs.

Hunni helped me see you. I had to pee and waited until your scene was over :-)

17 Lynn at The Actors Diet October 26, 2010 at 6:59 pm

ha! great – i’m glad i didn’t get cut! thanks for watching, cynthia!