Six Days of Salad

October 12, 2010

in salads

It’s been a delicious week of free lunches!

salads.jpg

I brought the employees (who are probably sick of my mug) some gingerbread cookies today…

P1270114.JPG

…they got all the nice chewy ones, of course :)

P1270089.JPG

For my last free lunch, I went out with a bang – my guest was fellow blogger Erin from Living and Loving in L.A.

P1270116.JPG

The final creation – I kept it vegan since I’m anticipating a big, meat-y dinner.

P1270120.JPG

• Spinach/spring mix
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Strawberries
  • Kidney Beans
  • Portobello Mushrooms
  • Baby Corn
  • Zucchini
  • Sundried Tomatoes
  • Splash of Greek Dressing

P1270122.JPG

Thank you again to the Salad Bowl Cafe and Vital Juice Daily for hosting such a cool contest!!!

After our meal we stopped by Rite Aid so Erin could get a flu shot….

P1270127.JPG

…she was a little scared so I came along for moral support…

P1270138.JPG

…then wound up getting one myself!  Apparently now is the best time to get the vaccine.

P1270144.JPG

We even got tootsie pops for being such good girls!

P1270145.JPG

Dare I say it – flu shots are fun!

1 lpskins October 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm

that was so sweet of you to bring them cookies! i bet you’re going to miss those salads.

2 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I could never be over salads! The combinations are endless and delicious! I haven’t gotten the flu shot in years because I always get a horrible case of the flu when I get them. Hopefully it will work for you!

3 Simply Life October 12, 2010 at 4:31 pm

what a fun way to get free lunch and hang out with great friends each day!

4 Lauren October 12, 2010 at 4:57 pm

You make flu shots look like fun. Okay, maybe not fun, but definitely more bearable. :)

5 vanillasugar October 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm

flu shots are fun! lolol

6 KeepItSweet October 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm

i’ve totally been putting off my flu shot….. i have an issue with needles!

7 Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A. October 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Those pictures are so cute! Thanks so much for sending them to me! My arm is a little sore, but the tootsie pop was worth it! :)
I had so much fun with you today!!!
Can’t wait to do it again soon! (Minus the shots. We can skip that part next time!)
Xo,
Erin

8 Jamie @ Food in Real Life October 12, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I love how you fully took advantage of your free lunches! I’ve never gotten a flu shot before, but I probably should since I’ll be working with kids from January-May.

Oh and today I had a pomegranate tootsie pop. Craziness!

9 Anna October 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm

You know, I’ve never gotten a flu shot!

10 Danielle October 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I hate to say it but I havent gotten a flu shot since I was in my teens. I hate needles so much that stupid me would rather just risk getting the flu (I havent yet knock on wood).
All those salads look so yummy!

11 jessica o'brien October 12, 2010 at 6:57 pm

i could eat salad every day! or do i say that since i’m not actually doing it?? ;)

no flu shots for me or anyone in my family that is a healthy adult. i don’t trust them! do i sound crazy? i just feel i’m better off not putting anything into my body if i don’t need it. get rest, drink lots of water, eat things that nourish my body + wash my hands often with warm water and regular (aka *not* antibacterial) soap is my plan + what’s been working best for me for years!

12 glutenfreemuse October 12, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I love salads, but often find myself craving warm foods :-) I’ve started cooking my homemade salads, but I haven’t found a restaurant that cooks salads yet :p

13 lequan October 12, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Super sweet of you for bringing them those cookies.

I used to never get the flu shot and probably got sick once every 3 or 4 years (which is pretty good considering I used to teach too). Then last year before going on our cruise, we all got flu shots along with all our travel shots and when we came back we all got sick. I decided that was the last time I’d ever get a flu shot. With that said, everybody’s body is different. Bottom line, know your body.

14 Gail October 12, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Those salads are mouth watering. What a fun week, and those cookies look yummy too.

15 mandyunruh October 12, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I would LOVE to cook for you, and I’m a huge fan of your blog. Been following for quite some time…xo

16 leftcoastcontessa October 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Those cookies look delicious and so chewy!

17 Kelsey October 12, 2010 at 10:42 pm

6 days of the tummy saying “YAY LYNN YAY!!!”
wow i wish i got free salads that looked as gorgeous as those! here when u get a free salad, they usually bring u some green slop from the sketchy market down the street lol.

lol i love that u didnt just get a crappy ol sucker either, u got a tootsie pop!!! <3

18 Erica October 13, 2010 at 1:51 am

Such beautiful salads all week long- totally jealous :) Baby corn rocks. I need to get a flu shot. Gots to get on that. You should totally make corn chowder, its quickly becoming one of my favorite comfort foods

19 thehungryscholar October 13, 2010 at 4:34 am

I made Lars get flu shots with me recently. I love getting them because they make me feel less germy.

I wish I could eat as much salads as you, but I’m so damn picky. Yours look good though, so maybe I should give it a try.

20 Megan October 13, 2010 at 7:32 am

Woah, woah, let’s not get ahead of ourselves! Shots…fun? Crazy girl! :) Looks like you had a lot of good salads- and free lunches always taste even better!

21 tropicaleats October 13, 2010 at 7:36 am

that was SO nice of you to bring cookies!! that looks like it was the best contest ever :) i love seein bloggers hangin out! hope the flu shot didn’t hurt too bad!

22 lowandbhold October 13, 2010 at 7:45 am

I need to get a flu shot, but I hate needles. That was sweet of you to take cookies. I bet they really appreciated it.

23 Julie October 13, 2010 at 10:20 am

I’m rebelling against a flu shot for the 2nd time in a row. Got one each year for the 3 years prior, but honestly, I have never had the flu. Obviously, if I had a kid, elderly housemate, or a medical job, I’d consider it, but it’s working for me at the moment. ;)