Six Days of Salad

It’s been a delicious week of free lunches!

salads.jpg

I brought the employees (who are probably sick of my mug) some gingerbread cookies today…

P1270114.JPG

…they got all the nice chewy ones, of course πŸ™‚

P1270089.JPG

For my last free lunch, I went out with a bang – my guest was fellow blogger Erin from Living and Loving in L.A.

P1270116.JPG

The final creation – I kept it vegan since I’m anticipating a big, meat-y dinner.

P1270120.JPG

• Spinach/spring mix
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Strawberries
  • Kidney Beans
  • Portobello Mushrooms
  • Baby Corn
  • Zucchini
  • Sundried Tomatoes
  • Splash of Greek Dressing

P1270122.JPG

Thank you again to the Salad Bowl Cafe and Vital Juice Daily for hosting such a cool contest!!!

After our meal we stopped by Rite Aid so Erin could get a flu shot….

P1270127.JPG

…she was a little scared so I came along for moral support…

P1270138.JPG

…then wound up getting one myself! Β Apparently now is the best time to get the vaccine.

P1270144.JPG

We even got tootsie pops for being such good girls!

P1270145.JPG

Dare I say it – flu shots are fun!

Share:

23 thoughts on “Six Days of Salad

1. Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A.

Those pictures are so cute! Thanks so much for sending them to me! My arm is a little sore, but the tootsie pop was worth it! πŸ™‚
    I had so much fun with you today!!!
    Can’t wait to do it again soon! (Minus the shots. We can skip that part next time!)
    Xo,
    Erin

2. Jamie @ Food in Real Life

I love how you fully took advantage of your free lunches! I’ve never gotten a flu shot before, but I probably should since I’ll be working with kids from January-May.

Oh and today I had a pomegranate tootsie pop. Craziness!

3. Danielle

I hate to say it but I havent gotten a flu shot since I was in my teens. I hate needles so much that stupid me would rather just risk getting the flu (I havent yet knock on wood).
    All those salads look so yummy!

4. jessica o'brien

i could eat salad every day! or do i say that since i’m not actually doing it?? πŸ˜‰

no flu shots for me or anyone in my family that is a healthy adult. i don’t trust them! do i sound crazy? i just feel i’m better off not putting anything into my body if i don’t need it. get rest, drink lots of water, eat things that nourish my body + wash my hands often with warm water and regular (aka *not* antibacterial) soap is my plan + what’s been working best for me for years!

5. lequan

Super sweet of you for bringing them those cookies.

I used to never get the flu shot and probably got sick once every 3 or 4 years (which is pretty good considering I used to teach too). Then last year before going on our cruise, we all got flu shots along with all our travel shots and when we came back we all got sick. I decided that was the last time I’d ever get a flu shot. With that said, everybody’s body is different. Bottom line, know your body.

6. Kelsey

6 days of the tummy saying “YAY LYNN YAY!!!”
    wow i wish i got free salads that looked as gorgeous as those! here when u get a free salad, they usually bring u some green slop from the sketchy market down the street lol.

lol i love that u didnt just get a crappy ol sucker either, u got a tootsie pop!!! <3

7. Erica

Such beautiful salads all week long- totally jealous πŸ™‚ Baby corn rocks. I need to get a flu shot. Gots to get on that. You should totally make corn chowder, its quickly becoming one of my favorite comfort foods

8. thehungryscholar

I made Lars get flu shots with me recently. I love getting them because they make me feel less germy.

I wish I could eat as much salads as you, but I’m so damn picky. Yours look good though, so maybe I should give it a try.

9. Megan

Woah, woah, let’s not get ahead of ourselves! Shots…fun? Crazy girl! πŸ™‚ Looks like you had a lot of good salads- and free lunches always taste even better!

10. tropicaleats

that was SO nice of you to bring cookies!! that looks like it was the best contest ever πŸ™‚ i love seein bloggers hangin out! hope the flu shot didn’t hurt too bad!

11. Julie

I’m rebelling against a flu shot for the 2nd time in a row. Got one each year for the 3 years prior, but honestly, I have never had the flu. Obviously, if I had a kid, elderly housemate, or a medical job, I’d consider it, but it’s working for me at the moment. πŸ˜‰