Larchmont Grill

August 5, 2010

in drinks, movies, restaurant

I knew those two Diet Sodas would respark my old habit! Yesterday at 3 pm I found myself craving something sweet and bubbly. I decided to make my own version of Zevia.

P1210275.JPG

SodaStream Seltzer, Vanilla Stevia, and a splash of Berry Flavor Essence that came with the Sodastream

P1210276.JPG

This did the trick, but I’d much rather have a six-pack of Zevia.

We took Julius to Lake Hollywood Dog Park so he could get a little exercise.

P1210286.JPG

When we first moved to L.A., we couldn’t believe this place. Not only is it the total opposite of the enclosed, smelly gravel pits we were used to in NYC, but it has an incredible view:

P1210284.JPG

Ball-obsessed

P1210277.JPG

We all love the Chuckit!

P1210281.JPG

P1210290.JPG

So focused on the ball he wouldn’t drink water, or say hello to the other Jack Russell

P1210292.JPG

After the pooch was tuckered out, we walked ourselves to Larchmont Grill for an early dinner.

P1210297.JPG

Wednesday is Burger Night!!!!

P1210300.JPG

The interior of the Craftsman bungalow is cozy and chic

P1210302.JPG

But we chose to sit outside; we had the entire patio to ourselves!

P1210305.JPG

Started off with a piece of bread with some herbed olive oil

P1210319.JPG

And used my handy Seafood Watch App to make sure the Salmon I ordered was sustainable

P1210321.JPG

The burger is mixed with “chives, diced onion, green bell pepper, and roasted shallots; topped with pickled ginger, shredded cucumber, and a roasted garlic aoli on a sesame seed bun.” I got the house green salad on the side, and used a drizzle of dressing.

P1210323.JPG

It was spectacular! Almost reminiscent of a crab cake because it was so crispy. And unlike the burger from the previous night, all of the toppings complemented, rather than competed with, one another.

P1210329.JPG

Abe’s veggie burger was delicious and crunchy too (almost falafel-ish)

P1210326.JPG

“A homemade patty of zucchini, yellow squash, onion, yellow bell pepper, brown rice, and just a touch of wheat flour; topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and Swiss cheese”

P1210327.JPG

I stole a bite

P1210332.JPG

And about 4 or 5 sweet potato fries – PERFECTION

P1210333.JPG

Man I was happy (and stuffed) after this meal. It’s a little expensive, which is why we don’t come here often, but will definitely be back for more Wednesday Burgers.

I enjoyed some cocoa and a Pecan Zucchini Cookie around 10:30 pm

P1210336.JPG

Two days of burgers – will there be a third?! (I just got a Living Social deal for 8 oz. Burger Bar…) I’ll see where my appetite takes me for Thursday, but as of now, I do know this – Larchmont Grill kicks Larchmont Bungalow’s veggie burger ass.

What do you like on your burgers?! I think I need to pick up some pickled ginger….

Larchmont Grill on Urbanspoon

1 serena August 5, 2010 at 12:20 am

I would have gone for the salmon burger as well.
And as to see where your appetite takes you for Thursday “I bet there’s an APP for that” :)

2 Simply Life August 5, 2010 at 3:06 am

I love being able to sit outside at restaurants – looks great!

3 Lindsay August 5, 2010 at 3:08 am

My soda stream came yesterday and of course I tried the berry flavored right away. I loved it! It reminded me of La Croix.

4 Lauren August 5, 2010 at 3:47 am

That salmon burger sounds divine! I need to make salmon burgers again. I always adore them. I do believe I still have one or two frozen salmon patties from Trader Joes in the freezer. Probably not as good as yours last night, but still worth a shot. ;)

5 Anna August 5, 2010 at 4:43 am

Hollywood Dog Park sounds so glamourous :-) I wish Baxter would chase balls like that– he gets too distracted by all of the grass he wants to eat.

6 rebecca lustig August 5, 2010 at 4:54 am

i lovee dressing up a burger with anything and everything, although your meal is so deliciously unique and appetizing!

7 wendy lee August 5, 2010 at 5:10 am

Thanks for your info about making your own sodas. Our life has changed (for the better, I might add) since the arrival of SodaStream…it’s a brilliant product on so many levels.
Thanks for introducing people to the guide for sustainable fish. There was an article a few weeks ago in the NYTimes Sunday magazine about the overfishing of tuna for sushi and I kind of decided to give up eating it.

8 Cindy August 5, 2010 at 5:13 am

I like Blue Cheese on my burger. My favorite French Bistro does a wonderful burger…taste and texture nothing like an American style burger…with blue cheese served on a baguette. Yum!

Alas, I’ve allowed my CO2 canister to go empty w/out having another on hand. Two days without my Sodastream and I’m feeling a little panicky. ;-)

Love the dog park too. Moseby would like it since he would have some private space. He is generally afraid of other dogs and freaks when the dog parks/beaches are really crowded.

9 Andrea@WellnessNotes August 5, 2010 at 5:15 am

Your burgers sound great! And it’s been too long since I had sweet potato fries…

I like tomatoes, cucumber slices, and sauteed onions on my burger.

10 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life August 5, 2010 at 5:35 am

I love the traditional lettuce, onion, tomato and ketchup on my burgers. The hubby loves onion straws on his!

11 jaclyn@todayslady August 5, 2010 at 6:45 am

I absolutely love avocado on my burgers!! Alfalfa sprouts and sauteed zucchini are amazing toppers too!

12 TanyasDailyProductReviews August 5, 2010 at 7:03 am

I’m a veiw person…..and that outdoor pic is so restful

13 greensandjeans August 5, 2010 at 7:06 am

Pickled ginger sounds amazing on burgers! I have always loved mayo on my burgers, not the healthiest thing, but I rarely have burgers these days

14 Evan Thomas August 5, 2010 at 7:33 am

My newest favorite condiment is Whole Foods’ organic sweet relish. Yuummmm

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 5, 2010 at 7:45 am

Sweet potato fries are pretty much the best thing ever. That salmon burger looks good, too, though. I’ve always wanted to try one but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

16 Shanna, like Banana August 5, 2010 at 7:51 am

Soo drooling over the burgers…and the quaint little restaurant, and the beautiful dog park. Guess there was quite a bit I missed while living in LA!

17 Holly August 5, 2010 at 7:58 am

ahhhhh these meals look amazing! as a sweet potato connoisseur, i can say those look perfectly crispy and delightful. i bet they tasted even better. and please go to 8oz burger bar and let me know how it is – i am mildly obsessed with chef govind armstrong. i think its his long locks :)

18 lowandbhold August 5, 2010 at 8:14 am

Yum! I want that veggie burger! And that app is awesome, I love it.

19 Kay Richardson August 5, 2010 at 8:18 am

Yes! I love it. Feed me burgers. In my face. Now.

Please.

20 Carrie @ TV and Dinners August 5, 2010 at 9:41 am

My fave beef burger is Hawaiian-style, with pineapple and teriyaki sauce. And caramelized onions. And swiss cheese. (Yes, I go a little crazy when I go to The Counter.)

21 Jenna August 5, 2010 at 10:18 am

I’m all about loading up my burger… cheese, veggies, sauces, you name it, I’ll try it!

22 Kim August 5, 2010 at 10:40 am

That veggie burger looks DELICIOUS, as do the sweet potato fries. I love goat or feta cheese on veggie burgers…along with grilled onions (a must), mushrooms, and some kind of lettuce blend or sprouts or something.

23 lequan@luvtoeat August 5, 2010 at 11:15 am

I miss those doggie park days.

Ok your blog and Serena’s blog is killing me with all this soda talk. Deep fried colas and soda streams? Aaaack! Just when I’m trying to cut pop out of my life again too. Maybe I need to get me a soda stream. I know I wouldn’t be neglecting that as much as my Wii.

24 Jessie August 5, 2010 at 11:53 am

Julius, adorable one!! :) I can’t believe your dog park – what a perfect place for running around! I would totally get a Chuckit because they look awesome, but my dog never brings back the tennis balls I throw her. And I don’t have a lot of tennis balls.

I’m not a huge fan of burgers, but when I do eat them, lots of mustard please! :)

25 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) August 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I love burgers. Something so comforting about them? I’m making Korean Sliders next week!

26 Leah @ Why Deprive? August 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm

lol my dog has one thought on her mind at all times . . . BALL!! Julius is so cute.

27 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin August 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Wow, those burgers look awesome! I really need to visit Larchmont again.. I love that area!

I love 8 oz. Burger Bar, too! I always take out-of-town guests there. They have the BEST milkshakes on the planet! (Their apple pie shake is the my favorite, but it’s only seasonal…)