Procrastinating

July 24, 2010

in lunch

I am supposed to be doing reading…but I’m not. I’m blogging. I’m looking at dinnerware sets online. I’m watching The Cooking Channel. (At least I’m multi-tasking?!)

There were a ton of exciting events happening today that I contemplated attending – The Walk and Ride, The Street Food Fest, even a day trip to San Diego for Comic Con – but ultimately, I decided I should get some work done and headed to the 90210 home for a few hours.

Brunch was a sandwich on Monk’s Sunflower Seed – Roast Beef, spicy brown mustard, and jarred roasted red/yellow peppers

P1200595.JPG

A few of these Pickles and Peppers

P1200599.JPG

Watermelon

P1200593.JPG

P1200598.JPG

Got about 50 pages of reading done…I feel satisfied about that (it IS the weekend, after all!)

I should head home now…but before I do, let me procrastinate a little more and tell you about my new shoes!

Thanks to all your wonderful suggestions for comfy options, I took Val’s advice and went with Born:

P1200487.JPG

I ordered the Kinney from Zappos, which is basically a clog with a pointy toe and heel.

In the box:

P1200490.JPG

And on my feet:

P1200568.JPG

I adore them! Super comfy, and perfect for my pants that are too long for flats, like the ones I wore last night to mini-golf.

P1200567.JPG

Okay, enough dawdling! I gotta get home and walk Julius before it gets dark!

1 thehungryscholar July 24, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Like the shoes. I haven’t been mini golfing since my first date. I must go soon. It was fun!

2 MarathonVal July 24, 2010 at 8:05 pm

That’s awesome you got Born Shoes, I seriously love them and my feet are more f-ed up than anyone’s that I know. I actually think I have that same pair in a lighter brown suede haha, although I like yours better!

Born makes some awesome cute ones but they actually have a new ‘subset’ or whatever you call it called b.o.c. and they are sooo adorable…. forgive me if I mentioned this during my last comment about them but I have some 4″ b.o.c. heels and after getting plantar fasciitis I never thought I could wear heels again, let alone 4″ers!

3 Ameena July 24, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I love the shoes…of course you could carry off and look great in anything though!

I loved Inn at the Seventh Ray but it was expensive! And Ali was annoyed they didn’t carry Coke or Pepsi!? The whole concept of a 100%healthy restaurant is a bit too much for him.

4 Cindy July 24, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Seriously love the shoes! Here’s one of my favorite pair: http://www.sofftshoe.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1658 I can’t believe you actually need a jacket this time of year. I think I need to move to LA. I’m sweating in a t-shirt and shorts this time of year.

I had the opposite day. I finally took care of a task that I had been procrastinating for a couple of weeks. Glad to have it finished!

5 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 24, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Mmm, that sandwich looks delicious!

So, this is random, but have you ever done work in commercials? I saw one in the previews for Inception and swear that I saw you in it! If not, it was someone who could honestly be your double, lol.

6 luvtoeat July 24, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Ooh, you’ve got great style, I’m luvin’ those shoes! But you also look great in anything and make anything look great!

7 Run Sarah July 24, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Wow, I LOVE those shoes and they look super comfortable – I desperately need another pair of good, comfortable shoes I can stand in for long periods of time. The heel also helps! Our mini golf place is called Castle Fun Park, too funny.

8 Marisa @ Loser for Life July 25, 2010 at 4:27 am

haha! I am procrastinator extraordinaire :) Like the shoes!

9 Emily July 25, 2010 at 4:29 am

Completely understand the procrastination/multitasking thing. :-)
Your Born shoes look so comfy! My sister has a pair in a different style that she loves.

10 Nicole @ Making Good Choices July 25, 2010 at 4:45 am

I’m such a procrastinator and a multi tasker. I’m usually doing a million things on the computer at one time. Those shoes are so cute, they look great with your pants!

11 Erica July 25, 2010 at 5:47 am

Weeks are for procrastinating. I hope to get some in today ;) Watermelon! Makes all my meals so much better right now. And I’m jealous of your mini golf trip- I haven’t done that in forever

12 greensandjeans July 25, 2010 at 7:20 am

I love the shoes! And I am SO jealous that you are wearing long sleeves and long pants!

13 Serena July 25, 2010 at 10:33 am

Have you ever tried Lotus Vegan in NoHo? Or is the OC Foodie Fest on your schedule? http://www.ocfoodiefest.com/

14 caronae July 25, 2010 at 10:43 am

Those are the comfiest-looking shoes I have seen in…um, ever. I want some! It’s too hot for shoes thought right now. I can barely handle really skimpy sandles. Oh, NYC in the summer is fun…

Happy Sunday!

15 Cynthia (It All Changes) July 25, 2010 at 11:08 am

Procrastinating is so fun :-) Love the shoes. I need to find soemthing comfy but cute like those. I’m tired of my same old boring shoes. Off to procrastinate on Zappos :-)

16 Shanna, like Banana July 25, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Getting new shoes always brightens my day. Oh and nice job multitasking ;)

17 wendy lee July 25, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Am VERY impressed with the shoes…. comfortable shoes that are pretty…that’s hard to pull off!
Ditto on the long pants/sweater phenomenon… although the beastly Philly heatwave just broke, at least for tonight, after a thunderstorm….

18 Melissa @ Tryingtoheal July 25, 2010 at 5:18 pm

ah mini golf…is it weird that every first date i’ve been on was going to play mini golf? hahaha…and of course arcade games. cause i’m a 10 yr old boy at heart. hahha!

19 Bekah July 26, 2010 at 7:47 am

Internet/tv/blogging/eating basically screams for multi tasking. If I were to only do one of those by themselves, I’d either feel like completely useless, or just really bored.

I love the clogs! I’ve been wanting myself a pair recently.