Papa-Paparazzi

June 8, 2010

in restaurant

Thank you all for the early blog birthday wishes! I loved hearing the story of how you found “The Actor’s Diet,” especially long-time readers who have never commented before.

Monday was another busy one! I started off the day walking with Christy, then came home to lovely, thick oat bran

P1160130.JPG

• 1/3 cup toasted oat bran cooked in 1 cup water
  • 1/2 a huge frozen banana
  • Frozen organic raspberries and sweetened cranberries <— small handful each
  • 2 TB egg whites
  • Spoonful Chocolate Rice Nectar
  • Tiniest pinch of NuStevia
  • Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut

All mixed up in another new bowl:

P1160147.JPG

Most of my day was spent running errands at The Beverly Center. In the late afternoon I had plans with Ameena, to meet the famous Maya!!!

Originally we planned to go here, but as you can see from the waiter moving the table inside, they were closing.

P1160153.JPG

So we met up around the corner, at the Beverly Hills location of M Cafe!

P1160155.JPG

I can’t believe I’ve never been here before. It’s a lot smaller than all the other locations (where I practically live) with what looked like a more limited deli case, but I was only interested in their special menu, offering $5 deals all month.

P1160156.JPG

Maya couldn’t have been more adorable and charming. Just like her mommy!

P1160159.JPG

While we were waiting for our food, Ameena noticed some commotion down the street. It was the paparazzi!

P1160164.JPG

They were shooting photos of Jessica Alba, who obviously is a fan of “The Actor’s Diet” faves list :)

101878128

(photo by Jean Baptiste LaCroix/Wireimage)

Instead of taking photos of the beautiful starlet (poor woman already had enough cameras shoved in her face) I took pix of the cameramen, who were really distracting.

P1160165.JPG

Living in Los Angeles, we’re used to seeing this stuff on occasion but it never ceases to amaze me how ridiculous the whole thing is.

I’m the one who wound up with money shot, anyway. Look at this gorgeous girl…

P1160160.JPG

…with her enormous cake!

P1160161.JPG

I told Ameena that she needn’t worry about a sugar high, because all of M Cafe’s desserts are sweetened naturally. But I was wrong! Visit her blog to find out what ended up happening….

I got the $5 deal – a falafel wrap, which I’ve never had before – “roasted garlic hummus, mixed grain falafel, carrots, radish, cucumber, red onion, sprouts, lettuce, and tahini-soy yogurt dressing in a whole wheat lavash.”

P1160162.JPG

I don’t know what it is about M Cafe, but lately  their sandwiches have been really disappointing me. This doesn’t even qualify for my Best Vegetarian Sandwiches in L.A. list – it was really dry and unevenly distributed. I wound up using the extra side sauce for a few dips.

All worth it, though, because I loved hanging with the ladies.  The blog has really introduced me to some wonderful new friends.  If you missed the announcement last time, I’d like to do a blogger/reader meetup when I’m in San Francisco next weekend shooting “Surrogate Valentine” – unfortunately I’ll be working most of the time and won’t know my schedule but if you’re flexible and around, email me – actorsdiet(at)gmail.com.

Rush hour traffic on the way home – and I was still hungry, so I pulled off on Beverly and stopped into Toppers Yogurt.

P1160166.JPG

This place is old-skool, diet fro yo (think TCBY). Definitely not “real food,” but sometimes I have a craving for it! Pistachio sounded good to me so I got that.

P1160167.JPG

Driving was much more bearable after this medium cone.

P1160170.JPG

I had some Abe-Unapproved movies going in the background while I caught up on emails/blogging.  Before hitting the hay I got a rumbly in my tumbly so I snacked on an organic peach and a cup of hot chocolate.

P1160202.JPG

I used Over the Moon milk, Chocolate Rice Nectar, and some liquid Cocoa Bean Extract.

P1160200.JPG

This stevia isn’t very sweet and you have to use a lot of it (two full squeezes for my taste buds). I much prefer their Liquid Vanilla version, which you can win in my giveaway!

Who has Lady Gaga in their head now? Quick! Give me another song to replace this ear worm!

M Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 Ameena June 8, 2010 at 10:17 am

How funny you found a picture of Jessica Alba already! She looks fabulous, doesn’t she?

Love the “money shot” of Maya. :)

Sorry the wrap was no good…I totally forgot to ask!

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet June 8, 2010 at 7:25 pm

oh yes, wireimage is da bomb! when i first started getting my picture taken by non-stalking paparazzi, my agents would make me check the SAME NIGHT to see if the red carpet pix had showed up.

3 Jenna June 8, 2010 at 10:31 am

I am a complete Hollywood celebrity fanatic. Although I wouldn’t try to get all up in Jessica’s business, I for sure would have been one trying to at least get a glimps of her. She is one of my favorites, too. She is beautiful!

4 Cindy June 8, 2010 at 10:35 am

Ameena’s account of the day was hysterical! How long did poor Maya have to sit there staring at that cake while you took pictures? ;-)

Sounds like M Cafe has changed something company wide that downgrades their food. Hate it when a favorite place does this.

5 saltytooth June 8, 2010 at 11:00 am

Yum, love Pistachio fro yo.

I think that piece of cake is bigger than Maya, which could explain what happened! :)

6 lowandbhold June 8, 2010 at 11:04 am

Gotta love blogger meet ups. I can’t say that mine have ever involved celeb sightings, but it’s still fun :)

7 luvtoeat June 8, 2010 at 11:24 am

was just telling Ameena how jealous i am of your guy’s meet up. two of my favorite bloggers and an adorable as can be little girl, can’t get any better than that. you definitely got the money shot!

funny story about lady gaga: was asking my 3 yr old daughter to come upstairs to get dressed one day and her reply was, “i’m kinda busy, i’m kinda busy.” oh how i wished i got that on video. that’s when you know you’re listening to too much lady gaga. ok i probably just put another song in your head. how about pink’s So What?

have a great week Lynn!

8 Kim June 8, 2010 at 11:44 am

The wrap looks good, even if it was a bit of a disappointment! At least you had good company ;)
That’s hilarious about the paparazzi. And, yes, I have that song in my head now.

9 anutritionisteats June 8, 2010 at 11:56 am

I hate when sandwiches are not evenly distributed!!! It makes me feel like they are made with no love…

10 Monet June 8, 2010 at 11:59 am

Maya is precious…and that chocolate cake? Oh my! I loved seeing your cone of yogurt…nothing better to end a warm summer day. Thanks for sharing, love!

11 sophia June 8, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I’ve lived in LA for a year…but have never come across celebrities and paparazzi! Maybe I’m holed up in school too much…Drive me to cool places, Lynn! ;-)

But yup, money shot indeed. I wonder if Maya knows that she’s famous? Hee hee.

Ah, that sucks that their sandwich is lackluster…I had had my eye on their sandwiches! :-(

12 katecooks June 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

aw what a fun lunch! i’ll have to check and see what happened after that massive slice of chocolate cake. i’m guessing the sugar crash wasn’t pretty :)

13 DiningAndDishing June 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Ohh your life seems so glamorous when things like that happen! Although I must say I’m much more interested in that DELICIOUS looking cake :).

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

14 Kelsey June 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm

ur famous! hhaa lol jk.

wow i never really gave it much thought about how strange it must be for normal peeps to live in LA around the lurking paparazzi’s. thats so funny.. i love the pic of u laughing.. it explains the situation so well hehe <3

15 dethpix June 8, 2010 at 3:58 pm

hahaha, amazing, poor girl, jessica alba always.. :)

16 Sana June 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I would LOVE to see s celeb. But poor Jessica she can’t eat in peace!