Lynn – About Lost Night…

May 24, 2010

in breakfast, dinner, vegetarian

Don’t worry – no spoilers on this post in case you still haven’t seen it!

We decided a while ago that we wanted to watch the “Lost” finale together by ourselves – no distractions. I’ve had some whole wheat pizza dough from Fresh and Easy waiting in the freezer for the occasion.

After letting it defrost and rest, Abe used the bamboo rolling pin from CSN Stores to make two individual pies.

P1150092.JPG

Mine was cheese-free, with Trader Joe’s Peanut Satay Sauce as the base. Abe skipped the sauce and used olive oil and mozzarella.

Toppings – organic cherry tomatoes, organic zucchini (sliced very thin) and fresh rosemary from the front porch.

P1150088.JPG

His and Her’s:

P1150100.JPG

We cut each pie into fours and served half.

I whipped up a quick side dish using garlic and Soy Paste:

P1150094.JPG

Organic baby bok choy from the farmer’s market, a little water (cover to steam) -

P1150097.JPG

An international meal (just like the cast of “Lost”!) -

P1150103.JPG

An organic nectarine for dessert. I am not a total “Lost” geek but I do have the action figure of “Jin” (when else in my life am I going to be able to own a friend in toy form?!) and brought it out for the occasion.

P1150107.JPG

(If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my interview with Daniel about his diet!)

Even Julius watched. He’s as old as the show!

P1150081.JPG

Mid-way through I sipped on some Decaf Coconut Thai Chai with Tempt Hemp Milk and Old Bank Honey. Sorry it’s so dark – we had the lights off while we watched…

P1150119.JPG

Overall, I was happy with the finale (like I said in my previous post, I had no expectations so I couldn’t be disappointed) but am very confused. There’s a lot I don’t quite get, but it was still a satisfying ending.

This morning, I was actually hungry for breakfast at a “normal” hour – around 9am. The return of an old favorite!

P1150122.JPG

I whipped up a batch for me and Abe – this serves two:

• The last of the Bob’s 10-grain cereal, a little less than 1/4 cup (I am not crazy about this blend since it doesn’t get very voluminous like oat bran and won’t be buying it again)
  • A little more than 1/2 a cup of rolled oats
  • 1.5 cups water
  • 1 small, very ripe banana
  • 4 TB egg whites
  • About 1/2 cup sweetened frozen cranberries

Toppings: Just Blueberries Powder, Beach Bash Trail Mix, and Liquid Vanilla Stevia.

P1150125.JPG

Time to walk and memorize lines!

1 Evan Thomas May 24, 2010 at 11:14 am

I’m glad LOST is one tv show I never got in to, but now I want to read about how it ended

2 Simply Life May 24, 2010 at 11:17 am

I still have to try putting egg whites in my oats- that bowl looks great!

3 Abby May 24, 2010 at 11:38 am

I was wholly satisfied with the finale until about the last seven minutes. I just couldn’t buy the world they created in those final sequences – just too many holes in the “rules” of that universe for me. My husband loved the whole thing, and we were up until 1 AM arguing over (a) what happened, and (b) whether it made sense :)

4 lowandbhold May 24, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I was dissapointed in the plot, but I have to say I was captivated by the episode the whole way through. I definitely felt emotionally connected to the characters. I just wish it had been something other than “they’re all dead.”

5 Katherine: What About Summer? May 24, 2010 at 1:27 pm

your posts make me want a plus one to share portions with; so precious

6 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 24, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Those pizzas look delish. I love cheese, but I don’t like a lot of it on my pizza. I feel like it overpowers the crust, which is the apple of my eye. ;)

Jenn

7 Ameena May 24, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I like the idea of putting the Peanut Sauce on your pizza instead of tomato sauce. I wonder how that change would be received around here??

8 Anna May 24, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I never watched Lost…but my sister is freakin’ obsessed with it. I think she liked the ending, overall. I love how Julius is really watching!

9 wendy lee May 24, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I love the His’n’Hers pizzas.
Also , Julius watching TV is too too precious.

10 greensandjeans May 24, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I haven’t watched the last two seasons of lost but I’m dying to know the “truth!”

11 Light Delight with Tou Tou May 24, 2010 at 4:41 pm

baby bok choy ! they look so fresh and green :-D I use to have a lot of bok choy , guess they are not as cute as these ones :D
btw, the rolling pan is really cool, I never thought of doing two doughs at the same time!

12 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com May 24, 2010 at 4:48 pm

that beach bash trail mix IS TO DIE FOR! it goes so perfectly on oats and for breakfast!! i need a new rolling pin, id totally get a bamboo one, and theyre not all expensive which is cool… u can find some great deals on them! <3

13 Lauren May 24, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I hear it pretty insane. The pizza looks awesome! And that Jin doll is a riot! :)

14 Christina May 24, 2010 at 8:11 pm

LOL that Jin action figure made me laugh! Every time I heard him in an interview yesterday I was shocked because he’s so convincing as a non English speaker on the show. I forget there can be such good actors!

It took me a while to finally figure out what actually happened in the finale. I had to get some help from Lostpedia. I’m a little disappointed that so many island mysteries were left unanswered but overall it was an okay end!

15 Run Sarah May 24, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Your pizzas turned out awesome! I watched Lost but missed a bunch of episodes at one point. I’d love to go back and catch up though!

16 whydeprive May 24, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I’ve never seen an episode of Lost. I think it would require too much thinking for me. I like my entertainment to be mindless. Lol
That pizza looks awesome. Its amazing how good they can be even without cheese. Who knew?

17 Justine May 25, 2010 at 5:12 am

I love making pizza at home! I love the tomato/rosemary/zucchini idea.
Lost is a show that I never got into, but I have been enjoying everyone else’s enthusiasm about it as of late.

18 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life May 25, 2010 at 5:57 am

I’m not sure how I felt about the final episode. I still want some questions answered!

19 EmbraceYourSkin May 25, 2010 at 8:22 am

Those are amazing looking oats!

20 Girl May 26, 2010 at 3:21 am

I can’t believe LOST is over, after all these years. I really enjoyed the finale. Of course I have a few questions (don’t we all!?), but think I’ll be OK. Never knowing the secrets to all the mysteries is kind of fun. ^_^ It’s sad to say, but I miss the characters already, knowing I won’t be seeing them or the show anymore!!! I’m not sure what show to watch now! *sigh*! Ok, going to read your DDK interview now… whee!!!!