Christy – Leftover salad

May 18, 2010

in leftover recipe, los angeles area interests, salads

The last couple of days have been filled with laughs! I saw Ricky Gervais on Sunday night, and then last night Jeff and I went to see Supper’s Ready.

Supper’s Ready is a stand up comedy night where comedians (both well known and newcomers) have 15 minutes each to try some new material. It is one Monday night a month (you can join their facebook page to be notified on their schedule) at M Bar on Vine and Fountain.

There were some great comedians performing last night, including Sarah Silverman! I love her. And it was really cool to see them trying new stuff – some of it was good and some of it bombed but that was the point. As a performer, I was really impressed. It must be nerve wracking to not know if something is going to go over or not – talk about pressure. It would be like someone coming and watching an improv rehearsal. If you like comedy, it is definitely worth checking out.

As far as food goes, it has been pretty boring because my days have been pretty busy.

I had quinoa for breakfast and leftovers for lunch. We made Salmon, broccoli and sweet potato fries for dinner last night but we didn’t have much time to eat because we were running late for the show. So today, I took the leftovers and cut them all up

CIMG1848.JPG

Then I added some lettuce, cucumbers, pumpkin seeds and daikon to it. Topped it off with some Goddess dressing and Viola!

CIMG1850.JPG

Leftover salad!

What are your favorite leftovers to include in salad?

1 Simply Life May 19, 2010 at 2:15 am

wow, what a great salad you put together with leftovers!

2 Matt May 19, 2010 at 3:19 am

Salads are great to use anything and everything in the fridge :)

3 saltytooth May 19, 2010 at 4:15 am

That salad looks great! I get really freaked out about cooking salmon at home (I don’t know why, as I’ve been told it’s easy). How do you like to prepare it?

4 Amy @ Second City Randomness May 19, 2010 at 4:36 am

I love salad- so I’ll pretty much put anything I’ve got around in it. I should probably call them “kitchen sink” salads… :)

5 brandi May 19, 2010 at 5:02 am

I love salads like that :)

and I LOVE Ricky Gervais!!! How fun

6 The Healthy Apron May 19, 2010 at 5:58 am

Ooo there are so many leftovers that I cherish in salads. I am making salmon patties tonight and I always think those make a good salad topper. Or if I have brown rice leftover, I will add some of that. Salad goes with everything! (just about…I suppose you wouldn’t want to add it in your cereal lol)

7 samantha May 19, 2010 at 6:29 am

kitchen sink salads are one of my all time favorite meals – sometimes you don’t even need dressing from all the flavor bursting through. mmm.

8 anutritionisteats May 19, 2010 at 11:00 am

I love left-over grilled veggies on salads! (Although, left-over grilled veggies are pretty hard to come by!)