Christy – Commercial set

April 15, 2010

in acting

I shot my commercial today. I was totally stoked because my call time was at a normal hour, 9am, and we did an outside shoot at Griffith Park, which is pretty close to my house.

I am never quite sure what the food on set is going to be like, so I packed some snacks for myself: apples, grapes, celery, almonds. And I also brought some quinoa in case the breakfast options were only bagels. Bagels are yummy but they definitely don’t give me sustained energy.

CIMG1573.JPG

I ate a little quinoa on the road. When I got there I realized there was no reason to worry. There was an omelet station with lots of veggies to choose from. I got an omelet with sun-dried tomatoes, chives, and spinach.

CIMG1574.JPG

I got through about half of it before it was time to head to hair and makeup.

My shots were first so I went right to set and worked straight through until a late lunch was served at 2:30. Craft services had all kinds of snacks out but I was actually still full from breakfast right up until lunch.

I got the shrimp scampi, sauteed spinach and a salad

CIMG1575.JPG

I had a view of Silverlake from my lunch table

CIMG1576.JPG

And they had an interesting cookie concoction for dessert – it was a sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookie make into brownies.

CIMG1577.JPG

It was good, no doubt. But it sounds better than it actually tasted.

We shot straight through until 8pm this evening and I snacked on some carrots, grapes, nuts and a piece of chocolate throughout the evening.

I was tired and happy when I got home. And so grateful that my husband had already made me dinner – chicken sausage with leftover zucchini and onions, and a big salad.

CIMG1578.JPG

Now I am off to take a warm shower and relax a little. I’ll let you know when the commercial starts airing so you can keep an eye out for it!

1 luvtoeat April 15, 2010 at 8:23 pm

So excited for you! Can’t wait to see your commercial :-D Do actors/actresses get to see their commercial before it airs?

2 Christy at The Actors Diet April 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Unfortunately no, we have to wait to see it too :(

3 Katie April 15, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Wow, 9am call?? How’d you swing that one?…and right around the corner? So awesome!!! The latest non-theatre call I’ve been blessed with was 8am in the hills above Simi Valley. You definitely win some sort of award.

Congrats on the commercial, girl :) :) :) :) :)

4 Kelsey April 15, 2010 at 9:34 pm

yay for men who cook! and yay for you and the commercial. fingers crossed everything works out well for you <3

5 Diana April 15, 2010 at 9:40 pm

That’s awesome :) And that view is amazing!

6 Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) April 15, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Wow, I can’t wait to see the commercial!

Ok, so on Catalina, the best place I found for a light but tasty lunch was the Metropole Cafe–lots of sandwiches and salads with plenty of vegetarian options. Best breakfast place was Sarah’s Waffles. Really good (and not ungodly decadent) waffles. Our dinner places were pretty touristy–this pizzaria right on the main street and this place called The Landing. The Landing was quite good–one of the fancier places in Avalon, I think.

For stuff to do, I was ITCHING to go on a tour and see the bison, but we didn’t have time. You can snorkel or get a massage.

7 eatmovelove April 16, 2010 at 3:56 am

Wow!! I “know” a superstar!!! Love it. So Hollywood – it seems surreal even to do a commercial or whatever. Do you get alot of jobs? Nice spread of food they offered! Wow. I have to try chicken sausage – it seems to be uber-popular lately…

8 Simply Life April 16, 2010 at 3:58 am

Yay! Sounds like a fun day and great food to be offered!

9 Yasmin April 16, 2010 at 4:12 am

Who knew commercials took so long to shoot? An amazing view to see while eating. Glad you had a productive day!

10 kilax April 16, 2010 at 4:33 am

Wow! Does it only take one day to shoot a commercial? What a long day though ;)

I have seen recipes for the brownie/cookie concoction and always wanted to give it a try! Seems like a dangerous combo though ;)

11 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life April 16, 2010 at 5:30 am

Awesome!!

12 Matt April 16, 2010 at 6:05 am

Nice on the commercial! I take it that it went well?

13 ksgoodeats April 16, 2010 at 8:31 am

What a gorgeous view! An omelette station sounds fantastic – great combo. I can’t wait to see the commercial!!

14 whydeprive April 16, 2010 at 9:21 am

So excited to see the commercial!

That omelet sounds so good! Im in love with omelets but because of my egg allergy I can only have them every now and then.

15 Melissa S. April 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm

yay for the commercial! and griffith park!? i bet it was beautiful!!!