Lynn – Come A Long Way

March 20, 2010

in product review, vegan

Anyone know that song by Michelle Shocked? If I remember correctly, (it’s been a while) It’s about a woman driving all around Los Angeles trying to escape the repo man. It was running through my head through the latter half of yesterday, as I spent a lot of my time in the car (and had plans to see “Repo Men” too).

I packed a few snacks for the car ride to/from my audition.

P1130036.JPG

I had the apple/lollipop on the drive back and ate the Protein Chips en route to our evening activity, along with a sandwich I slapped together in the hour I was home.

On Orowheat Rye bread – cucumber, grainy mustard, smoked turkey:

P1130047.JPG

The “Repo Men” premiere was at the famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre:

P1130054.JPG

This is such a gorgeous place for a screening. I realized this is the 3rd theater on the Hollywood strip that I’ve been to in the last 2 weeks, which is weird because we’re rarely here. I was in a “movie mood” and split a Diet Coke with Abe – can’t remember the last time I had one:

P1130056.JPG

Abe and I both liked the movie – even though I am a bit squeamish about blood. That said, I just looked away at the gore-y parts and still enjoyed it.

The after-party was at The Hotel Roosevelt across the street:

P1130067.JPG

At the beautiful Tropicana Poolside Bar:

P1130061.JPG

There was an open bar and passed food, but I didn’t have anything. When we got back around midnight, I wanted something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Tierra Farm sent us a bounty of their products to try. Sooooo much certified organic yumminess that I cannot wait to dig into. Last night I sampled their Date Coconut Roll:

P1130070.JPG

Here’s what’s in them – basically a combo of dates with shredded coconut:

P1130072.JPG

I kept the coconut theme going with a cup of Decaf Coconut Chai/skim milk/vanilla stevia:

P1130077.JPG

For a sugar fiend like myself, these rolls DELIVER. Much sweeter than any candy I’ve ever had. Yay.

Check out this article about me and the blog that just came out! FYI – it says I was bulimic, but that ain’t true. Can’t believe everything you read!

1 Vanilla March 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

Mustard + Turkey + Cucumber = Yummy sammie! :)

I read the article. How do you deal with false rumors? I huess it’s part of the job but still. I think the pressure of being skinny is very true among Asians…”Every asian girl is a size 00!” Meh.

xoxo

2 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 21, 2010 at 7:40 am

Well in the case of something like this, it doesn’t really bother me – there’s nothing wrong with having been bulimic – but in general I don’t really care about what is said/written about me if it isn’t true. I guess I’ve gotten used to it over the years.

3 Ameena March 20, 2010 at 8:00 am

The date coconut rolls look great…dates are so sweet they really hit the spot!

4 tropicaleats March 20, 2010 at 8:22 am

ok that sandwich looks epic!

5 greensandjeans March 20, 2010 at 9:03 am

That sandwich and those date rolls look fabulous!

6 Daria @ Daria Can Cook March 20, 2010 at 9:28 am

I haven’t had a date roll in forever. They are so amazingly good!

7 theemptynutjar March 20, 2010 at 9:51 am

oh – does it bother u when the articles and stuff get it all mixed up? that must bug celebrities cuz then its totally believed – no wonder they sue!
the coconut rolls look great. And that rye bread looks great!

8 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 21, 2010 at 7:44 am

nah, doesn’t bother me anymore – as long as i know the truth, who really cares? people can believe whatever they want to – there’s only so much i have control over. besides, like i said to babyvanilla above, there’s nothing to be ashamed of had i been bulimic. it’s not like they were saying i was a mass murderer or something.

9 Simply Life March 20, 2010 at 10:26 am

So fun that you were featured in that article!

10 Susan March 20, 2010 at 11:10 am

The Roosevelt looks pretty swanky!

Mmm those date rolls look pretty good, although I’m not a girl who likes things “overly sweet”.

11 katie March 20, 2010 at 11:33 am

The date coconut rolls look yummy !!!!! I am so glad Abe had a great bday and you both had an amazing dinner it sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the chinese theater is beautiful!! I walked past it, i have never been inside : ) so cool!!

I hope you are having a beautiful weekend!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

12 Lauren March 20, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I adore those Date/Coconut Rolls!!! Such a great little treat and you are right, they are so super sweet, that one or two does the trick! :)

13 vanillasugar March 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

geeez i do love coconut, and I will take your word on this one. man those look good, and i need them to satisfy.
i was bad today i had 2 cupcakes. i’m gonna post them to twitter soon. lol in case you want to see.

14 luvtoeat March 20, 2010 at 1:21 pm

i so want a bite of that sandwich. have a wonderful weekend.

15 Kat March 20, 2010 at 1:32 pm

OOOOH man, Decaf Coconut Chai?! Where can I get me some of that?

16 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 21, 2010 at 7:45 am

celestial seasonings makes it! i found mine at target, of all places.

17 fitandfortysomething March 20, 2010 at 2:08 pm

what a beautiful theatre-how fun……interesting article-not bad except for the bulimic part!

18 Kim March 20, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Congrats on the article! Journalists always get some things wrong, it seems. The pictures of you in the article are super cute. Love what you’re wearing!

19 Leah March 20, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Those date coconut rolls look amazing!! I always stuff my dates with coconut butter. The flavors are so perfect together.

20 sophia March 20, 2010 at 7:29 pm

You looked gorgeous in that article. But I wonder why they messed up? Did you tell them about the error? Bad journalism!

Oh…and missed you today! :-(

21 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 21, 2010 at 7:46 am

yes i told them but they’ve yet to correct it. whatever – the NY times once said i was a ballet dancer! you would think they’d fact check that!

22 Can You Stay for Dinner March 21, 2010 at 6:50 am

Wow, the Chinese Theater is so beautiful! Glad you enjoyed yourself. The coconut date rolls look so great. I’ll have to give them a try because I’m looking for a more natural sweet treat!