Lynn – Walk Like an Egyptian

March 14, 2010

in acting, restaurant

It was c-c-cold tonight in Hollywood!

The L.A. premiere of “The People I’ve Slept With” took place at the historic Egyptian Theater, where it was the Gala Screening at Outfest’s Fusion Film Festival.

I was scared to remove my shawl and brave the red carpet…

…but I did it!

IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1609.JPG

Had to show off the Stella & Jamie dress I borrowed, after all! But I immediately bundled up once I was done being photographed.

The theater was packed!

Since we already saw the movie in San Diego, we skipped the screening. After our director Quentin introduced the cast and the film, Abe and I slipped out the back and over to dinner.

Walking down Hollywood Blvd. in heels made me feel a little like Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman.” She doesn’t have a star on the Walk of Fame, but one of my favorite actresses, Cate Blanchett, does:

Yup, that shawl fringe is definitely hooker-ish.

We went to Lucky Devils for dinner, which was only about 3 blocks away from the theater but felt like an eternity walking in heels in the cold.

Abe ordered a beer that looked so good…

…even I had a sip!

The menu had a lot of terrific options, including grass fed beef and free range turkey, but I decided to be like Abe and ordered the veggie burger, since they sounded so good: “Sauteed portobellos, shredded beets, almonds & walnuts, plus 21 other ingredients, white cheddar, fresh avocado, caramelized onions, house 1,000 island, wild arugula, and toasted brioche bun.”

Abe got his with sweet potato fries:

I ordered mine without the cheddar – I felt like there was enough going on in that burger that it didn’t need it.

And I was right – there were so many textures and flavors going on! I wonder what those “21 other ingredients” are. It was delicious, but extremely messy and fell apart with every bite. I had my shawl on the entire time so I wouldn’t spill anything on the dress! I shared about 1/3 of Abe’s sweet potato fries and pasilla garlic aioli.

Back to the theater for the after party – schmoozed, signed autographs, and took photos with fans.

I’m just not used to all that walking and standing in heels! My feet were going to fall off so we headed home. It’s already 1:30 am – which is really 2:30 am because of daylight savings.  Who is this wild woman?! Between the late bedtime, the beer, the heels, and braving the cold – it’s definitely been an out-of-ordinary night.

Lucky Devils on Urbanspoon

1 luvtoeat March 14, 2010 at 1:52 am

Wow Lynn, you look stunning in that dress! And you made the dress look equally as stunning. Cute shawl pic. Other than walking in heels in the cold, looks like you had a fun time :-)

2 Wendy Lee March 14, 2010 at 3:37 am

You looked gorgeous. Guess you’ll have to make that designer your own!!!!! congrats on the red carpet walk… Bravo

3 theemptynutjar March 14, 2010 at 3:55 am

Lynn..i love following your adventures..so beautiful. Congratulations and you look beautiful. that restaurant sounds so wonderful.
who is your favorite actor and actress anyway? who would be your “dream” co-stars and director? and do u adapt to comedy or drama or romance more?

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm

there are very few actors/actresses that i DISLIKE (i tend to appreciate the unique talent in everyone) but i do gravitate towards anything kate winslet does. i am more influenced by directors – my favorites being spike jonze, woody allen…as for comedy/drama – i do it all, baby!

5 Melissa S. March 14, 2010 at 4:13 am

You look amazing in that dress!!! and congrats on the premiere at the egyptian! so much fun you had tonight!

6 Simply Life March 14, 2010 at 4:21 am

Oh I love that dress!

7 GurlOnA"Diet" March 14, 2010 at 4:38 am

u look gorgeous! love the dress!
must have been freezing though…O_O

8 Yasmin March 14, 2010 at 5:04 am

You worked that red carpet like a pro my dear!

9 Susan March 14, 2010 at 5:18 am

Lynn you look amazing! I love that dress – it’s so unique with the braided strap. And that burger looks like the bomb dot com. Seriously – why do all the LA burgers you feature have the best looking buns?

10 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm

yes! the buns are amazing – brioche-like and fluffy

11 ksgoodeats March 14, 2010 at 5:44 am

LOVE the dress! It’s really cute! Julia Roberts needs to get a star – what is taking them so long?! ;)

12 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:31 pm

apparently, she doesn’t want one!

13 Chelsea Ward March 14, 2010 at 5:50 am

You look beautiful Lynn! That dress looks like it was made for you. You know what else looks gorgeous? That over-the-top veggie burger. The ingredient list alone sounds stellar. Sounds like you had a fun night out in Hollywood with the hubs. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14 kilax March 14, 2010 at 6:26 am

You look so beautiful!

Does Julia Roberts really not have a star? That surprises me. I wonder how they decide who will have them.

15 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:34 pm

apparently julia roberts doesn’t want one! usually you have to be invited, and then a $25,000 sponsorship fee as well.

16 Ameena March 14, 2010 at 6:59 am

Beautiful dress Lynn! I feel you on the heels, I can barely take a few steps without killing my feet.

17 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write March 14, 2010 at 7:25 am

Lynn! I love you in that dress! Yes, it was a cold SoCal night. Glad you had a shawl!

18 Can You Stay for Dinner March 14, 2010 at 7:31 am

What an amazing night! You look absolutely beautiful- love your dress!! I’m so glad you had a good time. You deserve it!

19 Jaclyn@todayslady March 14, 2010 at 8:05 am

That’s so exciting, you looked gorgeous!!! Love the dress!

Veggie burger looks good too :)

20 Daria @ Daria Can Cook March 14, 2010 at 8:15 am

What a beautiful dress! You look amazing. Congrats on a fun night!

21 Shirley March 14, 2010 at 8:53 am

I missed this movie which was showed in HK last year…I hope it’ll be available in HK theaters again soon…

22 sarah @ the foodie diaries March 14, 2010 at 9:09 am

ah lynn, you look stunning! and the whole sneaking away for the most incredible sounding burger ever? i like the way you think…

23 Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A. March 14, 2010 at 9:47 am

Lynn! Oh my goodness, you look AMAZING! So red-carpet! I love it! I’m so happy and proud of you, thatmust have been so much fun!!!

24 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Erin! One day I need YOU to dress me….

25 Kim March 14, 2010 at 9:59 am

I LOVE, love, love that dress. It’s so beautiful, and looks so great on you! I have never worn more than one-inch heels because I’m 5’11″. I don’t know how women do it! Glad you had a fun night :)

26 MarathonVal March 14, 2010 at 10:52 am

Lynn you look gorgeous!!!!

27 Estela @ Weekly Bite March 14, 2010 at 11:10 am

You are beautiful!

28 whydeprive March 14, 2010 at 11:14 am

LOVE that dress!! It looks awesome on you.

That burger sounds pretty great, now is it just me or is the bun gigantic?

29 grace March 14, 2010 at 11:44 am

You look so~ gorgeous in that dress! :) I’ve been meaning to comment for a while, but never got around to it. I’m a student at UC Berkeley and I took an Asian Americans in Film and Video course last semester. We watched “Saving Face” in a class of about 200 students and when the time came to choose a topic for our analysis papers, I chose your film. I was really blown away by that piece, because not only did it portray social contexts that aren’t told about the AA community (having a baby out of wedlock as an older woman, non-heterosexual relationships, etc.), but the underlying messages about the difficulties and ambiguities created through generational differences and geographical separation within an immigrant community was beautifully told. About a month later, I came across your blog and was amazed to find you as part of the foodie blog world! I am going through recovery from ED myself, and I am so grateful that you shared your story with us because it is such an inspiration. We tend to point fingers at celebrities for being negative role models with body image and weight issues, but your story of struggle and your inner beauty really give many girls hope who have difficulties themselves. Keep up the awesome work, and I hope to find you in more amazing roles in the future! :)

30 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:35 pm

thanks so much for your comment, grace – and for reading!

31 glidingcalm March 14, 2010 at 12:10 pm

you look stunning!!!!

32 Anna March 14, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Fabulous Dress! And that veggie burger looked pretty fab, too!

33 Claire March 14, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Holy Moly!!That veggie burger looks delicious:-)cc

34 Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce March 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm

omg you are so gorgeous, that must have been really exciting! congrats!

35 lpskins March 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm

wow, what a life! looks like your hard work is paying off. You look truly stunning.

36 Ava March 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Wow you look so beautiful! I started reading your blog a few weeks ago and watched your film “Saving Face” last week (you were fantastic in it btw). Your life is so exciting! Love your blog!

- Ava

P.S. How do they decide who gets a star on the Walf of Fame? You’d think THE Julia Roberts would have one…

37 Lynn at The Actors Diet March 15, 2010 at 6:39 pm

hi ava – thanks so much for reading and for watching “saving face!” my life really isn’t that exciting, as you’ll see the more you read!

re: walk of fame – usually you have to be invited, and then a $25,000 sponsorship fee as well. apparently julia roberts doesn’t want one!

38 greensandjeans March 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm

You picked a WONDERFUL dress and it looked absolutely fabulous on you!

39 sophia March 14, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Haha, I was wondering how those crrrazy celebrities can wear those scanty clothing all the time and not freeze! I see it’s only for a few minutes while the camera is clicking away.
And you don’t need another person gushing about how gorgeous you are…but I will anyway! Dang you’re a hot sexy mama! :D

40 Andrea@WellnessNotes March 14, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I’m late to comment, and I know everyone else already told you how amazing you look! You are gorgeous! Sounds like a fun, cold, exciting evening! I hope you got to sleep in this morning…. :)

41 Mimi Honeycutt March 14, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Dang girl, you rocked it! Gorgeous!

42 Karla March 15, 2010 at 3:20 am

Ooh your dress is fabulous! You look lovely!

43 kim March 15, 2010 at 5:06 am

Congrats! You looked radiant and what a burger you ate. :)

44 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life March 15, 2010 at 6:59 am

You look beautiful!

45 janetha March 15, 2010 at 8:30 am

AHHHH you are so gorgeous!

46 Chelsea March 15, 2010 at 9:40 am

Your dress was too cute!!! You look FAB!!!!!

47 Brandi March 15, 2010 at 9:59 am

what a fun night! sounds like everything went well, and I echo all the comments – LOVE the dress :)

48 imdiane March 16, 2010 at 9:17 am

you totally look like you had a blast!! :] love the dress!

i hadn’t kept up with this blog for the past couple of months, just got back into today and realized how much i’d miss it and how it had become part of my life :]

loving all your food discoveries!

49 Iris March 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Great dress! You look beautiful!

50 Jenn N. March 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Lucky Devils is YUMMY!!! I used to eat there when I was studying improv at The Second City across the street! Congrats on your film!

51 BlessedHi5Ive March 16, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Lynn – you are beautiful inside and outside..congrats!