Lynn – Video Game Junkie

November 22, 2009

in Uncategorized

A lot of time was devoted to this last night:

The New Super Mario Bros. Wii is hours of nostalgic fun!!! Just like the format of the old skool games. I know I played too much because when I woke up at 4 am this morning (my body’s new habit, apparently) I imagined new levels as I was drifiting back to sleep….

A random dinner was consumed at some point:

Leftover Sardine/Dulcet Cuisine Mustard on top of wilted baby spinach and some frozen asparagus, topped with balsamic vinegar…

Some Udi’s Hawaiian Granola

…On top of a smushed organic banana:

Love the chunks of dried pineapple and macadamia nuts in it.

The People I’ve Slept With” is currently in Asia! It’s playing at the Golden Horse Film Festival in Taiwan and will be the closing film at the Hong Kong Asian Independent Film Festival.

Hope you’re having a great Sunday…I’m excited to see my friend Shelby today – she’s in town from NYC and I haven’t seen her in years – we plan to have a late lunch with her…I also intend on playing a lot more Mario (hee hee)…

Are you a video game junkie? What are your favorite games?

I have an addictive personality, and since I no longer drink, smoke, do drugs, or binge, having an outlet for an old obsession calms me down. It’s been a while since we’ve had a video game we really love and man…it makes me happy!

1 Suzie November 22, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I used to love Super Mario Bros. and Zelda! These days the only games I play are the ones on Facebook… I have 2 farms: 1 in Farmville and the other in Farm Town. I'm addicted! Have fun visiting with your friend today!

2 Food Makes Fun Fuel November 22, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I'm completely a video game boy. I still like the classics. Mario and pokemon are two things that never get old/die out

3 Katherine November 22, 2009 at 7:22 pm

i am terrible at video games and gave up trying when they went all 3D. i could totally hang with mario and zelda back in the day! but, my hubby has been glued in the the modern warfare 2 for over a week now. the big phrase (sadly) in my house is "i've been called to duty." the ps2 has stolen my hubby. this too shall pass!

4 Jenna November 22, 2009 at 7:30 pm

My boyfriend and I were just talking about how we want to get that new Mario game ASAP. Now that you thought so highly of it, I want to get it, mmm, today! I also have that granola in my cupboard. I agree, I am a huge fan of the flavor.

5 Cindy November 22, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Tetris…it works with my spatial thinking and I like that a single game only takes a few minutes. I get antsy with any video game that goes on for more than 20 minutes. I have some classic arcade games for my DS which are a lot of fun…especially Galaga. I love cards and all sorts of board games…simple and complicated. Love them.

6 ohonemorething November 22, 2009 at 7:35 pm

Wow that granola sounds SO good. My mom would love it because of the macadamias. I feel like those nuts are underrated. They need more love lol. ANYWAY, I'm not a video game junkie but when I do play I get so focused and I make this really funny game face lol.

7 Susan November 22, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I love video games, but I'm not very good at them, so I tend to give up after a while! Mario 3 is by far my favourite game ever, but I also love any of the Mega Mans and Olympic Games series :)

8 From Here to There. In Purple. November 22, 2009 at 10:16 pm

LOVE Mario Bros on wii! I love anything on Wii though, it was a fantastic invention.I hope the rest of your weekend was wonderfully relaxing.tons of love,becca xo

9 MarathonVal November 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I do appreciate others with addictive personalities. My addiction is the gym and cooking! :)That was such a nostalgic post to read… what fun!

10 Jenny November 22, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I used to be notorious for playing HOURS of sonic the hedgehog on sega, they just don't make games like that anymore!

11 Bekah November 23, 2009 at 12:30 am

Ah hahah I used to play halo, via the x box with my older brother in middle school. X box live- those were the days. Some days I do miss it.

12 Bekah November 23, 2009 at 12:31 am

P.S.I believe everyone has an addictive personality- we're HUMAN! Mine is personally coffee- which I believe to be a choice, not an addiction! Lol. Just gotta pick your medicine I guess. Some are better than others.

13 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) November 23, 2009 at 12:50 am

Mario! Aw, I've missed that game! I don't have any video games at this point. I do know that if I did, I'd totally be addicted.

14 Emily November 23, 2009 at 12:58 am

hub is a MAJOR vid game guy; we have just about every system you could imagine. I'm pretty good at some Tekken, which we have been playing in between watching football today, and he got me Little Big Planet for Christmas last year; that game is the definition of addicting! you should check it out, if you haven't!ooh, that granola sounds good!

15 Hallie November 23, 2009 at 1:14 am

I am so not a video game person, my ADD kicks in real quick, even if it's something active like the Wii. I WANT to like them, but I just don't. That's funny what you say about video games and addictive personalities because while I don't think I'm like that, my boyfriend is. I remember when we got the Wii he literally played for 10 hours straight one day. I didn't get it at the time but he totally is the addictive type too so it makes sense!

16 Lauren November 23, 2009 at 2:52 am

My hubby is the video game obsessor in our home, but I use to play all the time as a kid. But I do love me some Wii Bowling. That is quite addicting. Hope you had a great day with your friend and an even better weekend.

17 Andrea@WellnessNotes November 23, 2009 at 3:09 am

I haven't played video games in ages, but I used to love Super Mario Brothers. I also played lots of Tetris…. Brings back memories…

18 heartswholefoods November 23, 2009 at 3:30 am

I honestly have no hand eye coordination, so I don't really like video games. I'm not very good at sports where you need skills either!We've had a wii since last Christmas and I played it…once. Hmmm, maybe I should get the wii fit and do some yoga on it?

19 Leianna November 23, 2009 at 4:21 am

I played Mario Kart today too, just on Nintendo 64! I want some Hawaiian granola!

20 Sophia November 23, 2009 at 4:33 am

So that's what beautiful actors do in their spare time! ;-)I used to love games, but now I don't even have one to get addicted to…that's a good thing, though. I tend to get obsessed!

21 Amber November 23, 2009 at 7:00 am

LOL bringing me back! I love the new mairo party on the WII

22 Christina November 23, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I love Mario Bros! I didn't know they had it on Wii. Yay!

23 Andrea (Off Her Cork) November 23, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I am a total gamer girl. Love them!

24 lynnchenrocks November 23, 2009 at 11:58 pm

tetris and dr.mario are definitely tops on my list. prob has something to do with my ocd…haahaa. and if i want a workout then it's ddr. yes they're a little old school but after having 2 kids i'm lucky if i even have the time to Lynn Chen stalk now…lol. my hubby and i used to love mario cart on the old nintendo system but now it's all about spending time with the kiddies. i don't even know why we have the wii and the ps3 when we only play maybe once a month…sigh…what a life style change (but in a good way of course)! hmmm…i wonder if they have tetris on the wii. Well enjoy your gaming and have a great rest of the week!

25 cward151 November 24, 2009 at 12:36 am

The kids I babysite absolutely love that new Super Mario Wii Game. I have to admit, watching them play it made me flashback to when I was a kid and playng the original game at my best friend's house. That Udi's granola looks great (double yum for the pineapple macadamia nut combo.) I've heard talk of Udis before and am curious to try it, is it available at "Whole Foods?"

{ 2 trackbacks }